News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

10 Rules to Get EVERYTHING You Want

Started by Suraya, December 12, 2013, 03:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suraya

I don?t know what do you want in your life. But I know there are some rules that can help you to make ways to open the door of opportunities to get everything you want. In my last post, I have written about finding soul mates and its importance. In addition to having soul mates, these are the rules that can help you to get everything you want:

Making Connections:
?Success in any field, but especially in business is about working with people, not against them.? - Keith Ferrazzi

We are not in any race against the machine. All super technological innovation, robotics, big data, cloud computing, artificial intelligence and wearable technologies are here to make us more human and to bring more happiness for us. Business, social work, innovation, invention, entrepreneurship, projects, writing books and even writing an article start with observing human behavior and relationships. These are all about human interactions. So first and foremost , you have to connect all human relationships and interactions in the same way Steve Jobs once connected the dots. Surround yourself with the people those who are 'doing the things you want to do'.
You need people to support your ideas
You need people to invest on your ideas
You need people to criticize your ideas
You need people to work on your ideas
The more connections you have, the stronger you will become. Make new connections every single day. Use Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Have active relationship and meaningful interactions with every important connection you make. Nurture your connections and make them lively. Have proper respect to the people you are getting connected. Try to contribute spreading their works. Find ways to be great help for them.

?As the physicist John Wheeler said, ?If you don?t kick things around with people, you are out of it. Nobody, I always say, can be anybody without somebody being around.? - Sir Ken Robinson

So go and make your own network with all amazing people.

Giving Mindset:
?We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.? - Winston Churchill

The number one secret of building relationship is ?giving mindset?. I know we get connected with people mostly because we need something from them. We always start with asking for help. And it?s the most important mistake of making relationship. You should remember that the person you are knocking may be super busy. S/he has limited amount of time and s/he has so many important things to do. Why should s/he care about your need? Why should s/he care about what do you want? S/he doesn?t have to! Helping you is not his/her responsibility. Start building relationship having being prepared to help them, to give them and to support them.
Please quit 'Taker Mindset' right here and right now. Don?t ask for HELP. Go and try to find out the ways to help them. Find out what they need, how can you be a great help and then give it to them. Someday they will do everything for you to help you to reach to your destination.

Listening:
?The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.? - Ralph G. Nichols

I know you have great ideas. I know you are doing impressive things. I know you are about to change the world. But you are here to make great connections. Pause for a moment. Let them talk and give them priority. Don?t make too much noise. Go easy. Just stop talking too much. Be an avid listener. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen with passion and patience. Listen to have attention. Listen to have care and importance. Once you are listening to them, you will have attention. Once you are getting attention, you will be able to build great relation. And then they will find out your great ideas, impressive works and revolutionary contribution. Trust me, eventually, they will find out the ways by themselves to help you to reach to your desired destination.

Being Yourself:
?Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.? - Oscar Wilde

Steve Jobs was great. But you are not Steve Jobs. But you?re great too. If you look like Steve Jobs, seriously you are doing nothing new. Steve Jobs chapter has already closed. No one will care you as a second Steve Jobs. You shouldn?t act like Steve Jobs. You shouldn?t look like Steve Jobs. You are who you are. You are what you do. You are what you believe. You are how do you perceive the world. Be always yourself. Be always Authentic. Don?t get convinced to change your inner soul. Don?t let anything inside to change your core beliefs and philosophies and to screw you up.

Driving by Passion:
?Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world? - Harriet Tubman

Yes! Find out the strength, the patience and the passion within you and then reach to the starts and change the world.

If you are driven by money, you will surely make money. If you are driven by popularity, you will definitely get popularity. If you are driven by competition, you will beat the competition someday. But what about happiness? I believe we are all here doing so many things only for the pursuit of happiness. Rest of the things are just secondary. Take enough time to meet your true soul. No matter what others are doing. No matter what others are getting. You are always about yourself. Your situation is always different from others. So find you passion. Find the things you love to do. Run some experiments on your hobbies. Once you are doing the things you love to do, once you have found your passion and working on it?.. trust me, you will end up getting money, popularity, happiness and everything.

Working Hard:
?No matter how hard or far you fall, you can always get up if you have the will and desire.? - Shaka Senghor

In addition to your will and strong desire, you just need to work freaking hard.
There are millions of talented people out there. There are millions of great ideas out there. But I am sure there are few people those who work 100 hours (minimum) in every week. Being talented and having great ideas will never ensure your success. Being dumb and having small idea can make real difference if you can work really hard. Be the best 'hard working person' in your tribe or in your community or in your organization or in your country. Hard work is the only thing that makes the real difference.
Be persistent. Keep working hard. Your honesty and hard work will always get paid off. Have guts to die working hard!

Reading Habit:
?Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.? - Voltaire

Now we have all impressive resources on the Internet. Every year we publish hundreds of great books. Our economy is now Knowledge Economy. We are doing things in interesting ways. Living such an exciting epoch, we don?t have any alternative of reading. If you can read one great book in every week, you will change your life dramatically within a year.
Take proper care of your reading habit. Read avidly. Read rigorously. Read vividly. Talk to the smartest people. Share what you learn. Subscribe to magazines. Subscribe to blogs. Buy books. Go to the library. Let get build on Knowledge. Say good by to your ego and status quo. Yes! Let get build on Knowledge. Get enlighten and illuminate the world.

Being Open:
?Be intellectually open, read broadly, think broadly, engage in a wide variety of activity and do it with a learning orientation.? - Gautam Mukunda

Don?t stuck on your ideas and works. Be intellectually open to everything. Learn new things. Learn the best you can. Grab the best opportunity. Put a mark (quality) on everything you do. Keep yourself open and watch everything. Take the lessons and keep improving your works. If you are not open, your current kingdom will fall down devastatingly and it will happen very soon.

Maintaining Deadlines:
?A goal is dream with a deadline? - Napoleon Hill

Many businesses start with having a mission statement. All of us have our goals in our life. But do we have any deadline? Yes! Having a deadline is in the core part. A great mission statement or an exciting goal without a deadline is simple nothing. Your fancy mission statement or ambitious goal will never make you beautiful. Attach a deadline and make actionable plans and achieve those plans, goals and mission within the deadline. Be cruel to maintain the deadline. Be a man of deadline. And make things happen. Don't be just 'waana be' 'wanna do' 'gonna be' and 'gonna do'.

Loving for the sake of Love:

?Where there is love there is life? - Mahatma Gandhi

Love is probably the greatest thing in this world. It is the innocent blessing of god. It is the thing that makes you more human. It?s the thing that help you realizing the truth and discovering your true self. It?s the thing that connects your spirit, soul and body.
I know sometimes reality becomes hard, tough and cruel. You don?t find anyone to hold your hand and to give you the love and affection that you need to boost up your confidence. But don't stop loving people. You might have suffered a lot in your life. No one knows about the struggle you have faced. No one knows about the challenges you have overcome. You might not have someone to give you a safe shelter. But don?t give up loving. As you?ve suffered, you know the reality. And that?s why you will never let anyone suffer. Help the people in need. Know your spiritual soul. Love your parents. Love that old guy. Love your siblings. Love your colleagues. Love your employees. Explore your love to make this world a better place to live in.