News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Committing to Your Customer: The Secret to Making Every Customer?s Experience Am

Started by Doha, September 14, 2013, 06:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doha

Committing to Your Customer: The Secret to Making Every Customer?s Experience Amazing
by Amy Arndt

I?m Amy Arndt, one of the Customer Success Managers (CSM) at InsideView, and I?m excited to launch a series of blog posts about our Customer Success department.  My professional background is a unique mix; I have a background in journalism and sales, which works really well in my role as CSM. Every day, I get to use my natural curiosity and consultative sales experience to help my customers reach their goals. I walk to work most days (I?m lucky to live just under three miles to our InsideView Austin office), but I could just as well skip there. I?ve always felt that if you do what you enjoy, and if your work is rewarding, work won?t feel like work. For me, that?s definitely the case.

What makes InsideView such a fantastic company is that we are fully committed to ensuring that our customers are successful.  Sure, we invest in a stellar product, because without that, nobody wins, but we also believe that the customer experience should be amazing.  Our commitment to the customer is evident throughout the customer lifecycle.  From presale to the discovery and evaluation process to the moment you become our customer, we will listen to you and work hard to understand what your specific goals are.  We care deeply. We?ll ask you questions about the challenges you face.  Certainly, we?ll have the deep product knowledge to address your needs, but we won?t put you to sleep feature-dumping. If we can help solve a problem, high fives all around!

A day in the life of an InsideView CSM is a busy one. I spend most of my days engaging in a few key CSM activities. First, I meet with all of my new customers to identify their top goals. The more I can learn about you in that initial meeting, the better. My goals are pretty simple: Time we spend together will add value, you will learn something new about how our product can help you, and if there?s some laughter happening at some point, even better. There?s nothing worse than talking about business and not having fun in the process ? why not have a good time preparing to blow your competitor out of the water? Let?s do this!

After we have our first meeting, I will continue to ensure that all of your users have what they need to meet their goals. Depending on what they need, I may point them to our online training, or one of our private training sessions, or invite the group to a Best Practices session, where we?ll dig deep into goals and demonstrate how InsideView will help them get there faster.  I?m feisty, so these sessions can get spirited. Come prepared to get out of your comfort zone and leave knowing how to use InsideView to get your hands on the ripest of low-hanging fruit. Why would you miss that?

Each quarter, we?ll meet for an in-depth review. It?s important that we look at usage patterns, identify areas of potential growth, and work with you as your goals shift. By that time, we?ll know each other well. It?s a beautiful thing.

Sometimes, I spend my time relying on my awesome support team for technical issues. Changing CRM systems? No worries. Need advice about data hygiene? We?ve got you covered. Have a product suggestion? I have never seen a company more interested in taking customer suggestions and doing something about it.  I?ve seen some seriously amazing product enhancements as a result of direct feedback from my customers.

To show you just how much we?re here for you, in this series, we?ll be covering specific topics that our customers find valuable. I find that each customer is different, but the themes are consistent:

Marketing teams are constantly concerned about what they can do to deliver better leads to their sales teams. They want complete, accurate information. The hotter the lead, the better. InsideView for Marketing offers customized solutions to solve these problems.
    Sales leaders come to me with lofty revenue goals in mind, and they want me to help them deliver the right contact information to their reps. They also want to track key information on their prospects, and they want it yesterday. In addition, they want simple CRM integration. Almost every sales leader eventually admits to me that they have a handful of reps who aren?t tech savvy, and I get to ease their worries by letting them know InsideView for Sales will make things much easier.
    Account Management teams have the same resounding theme: We need to avoid surprises. Fortunately, InsideView for Account Management can do that and then some! Through leadership change alerts, custom Watch Lists, and relevant, up-to-date news on companies and people, not only will we help you avoid surprises, we?ll also help you grow your accounts and increase retention. Bam.

As your CSM, I?m in a great position to help you overcome these challenges. The same goes for the entire CSM team ? every InsideView CSM is passionate about their customer?s success. Our team meetings are lively and spirited because we all share the common goal of helping our customers do what they do best. We meet and discuss unique challenges and brainstorm ways to help. Behind the scenes, we?re working out technical questions, product suggestions, and acting as customer advocates.

What?s so cool about InsideView is that your subscription is completely unique to you and your needs ? none of this ?one size fits all? stuff happening around here.  Top that off with a Customer Success Manager whose primary goal is to ensure your success, and you simply can?t lose.