News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Shooting Mirrorless in Italy

Started by nadimpr, April 25, 2017, 09:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nadimpr

The last time I traveled to Italy, my main cameras were Canon DSLRs. On this trip however, things would be different. With seven days in Tuscany followed by a week in Venice, I decided to lighten the load. My kit consisted of two mirrorless cameras and a couple of PRO lenses. In this article I'll focus on the Olympus 12-40mm lens.

I've chosen Olympus cameras because they're small, tough, and full of innovative features. The ability to create unique photos is of paramount importance, especially in tourist areas that are heavily photographed. Put simply, I need a camera that allows me to achieve my vision without getting in the way.

The Olympus 12-40mm has an effective focal length of 24-80mm making it extremely versatile. This fits my needs well, as I shoot a wide variety of subjects. With a constant aperture of f/2.8, it's possible to shoot wide open throughout the entire range. Unlike other kit lenses, there is no need to stop down for optimal performance. Results are stellar wide open, with no noticeable chromatic aberration or diffraction. This makes it a workhorse for low light work, whether indoors or out.

Source:https://www.nyip.edu/photo-articles/archive/shooting-mirrorless-in-italy