News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to verify technical abilities, degrees, and certifications

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 10:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

How to verify technical abilities, degrees, and certifications

Several years ago I had a personal experience that really showed me the importance of checking credentials before we send candidates to our clients. I had sent somebody out before I did the background checks only to find out that she had fabricated 100% of her CV. She fabricated her education, her experience, and of course, we were backpedaling with the client when we realized none of it was true. We have pressure to fill contracts and orders, but your reputation is on the back of every person you send out. And so it's extremely important to verify technical abilities, because you and I both know candidates will often exaggerate their capabilities.

Try to identify and utilize testing companies who have testing that is developed and validated by industry experts, that examines real-life scenarios, and lastly, examines skills that will be required on the specific job you're representing. It's also important to validate that it's your candidate who is actually taking the test. There are individuals out there that will take tests.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/technical-recruiting/how-to-verify-technical-abilities-degrees-and-certifications