News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Treat your employees like a number and they’ll return the favor

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 10:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Treat your employees like a number and they'll return the favor

It's time for us to get real about what it means to be a boss. If you treat your employees like a number, they'll return the favor. They will treat your company and their job like just a transaction. After I wrote Leading with Noble Purpose and Selling with Noble Purpose, I started to get emails from people all over the world, young and old, saying the same thing. Top performers wrote to me and they poured their hearts out to me and they said this. "I want our work to have a higher purpose. "I love our customers.

"I love what we do here. "But all my boss cares about is the numbers." So I made a decision. Every time I got an email like that, I offered to send their boss a copy of the book on me and that's when things started to get really weird. I started to get these emails from their bosses saying, "I care about this business, I love our customers, "but it's my people. "All they care about is their paycheck." And so I started to think what's going on here? Both sides, the employees and the boss both think that they're the only one who really cares.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/hire-retain-and-grow-top-millennial-talent/treat-your-employees-like-a-number-and-they-ll-return-the-favor