News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to provide performance feedback

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 10:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

How to provide performance feedback

How to provide performance feedbackGiving them feedback is one of the cheapest, most time-efficient, valuable things you can do as a leader, to improve morale and retention. Consider this: there was a recent study by PwC and they discovered that millennials are more likely to leave if their needs for support, and appreciation, and flexibility are not met. Now, compare this to workers born before 1983. The non-millennials are more likely to leave if they feel like they're not being paid competitively, or they perceive a lack of development opportunities.

So, what does this mean for you? It means that if you can give good feedback, you can keep your best millennials. Let's look at two scenarios and compare the difference between good feedback and exceptional feedback. Elizabeth, I just wanted to tell you great job on that project last week. - Oh, thanks, I worked really hard on it. - I know you did, and the client saw that summary sheet and they really liked it. - Good, I'm going to warm up. - It was really great, so thanks. Keep up the really good work.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/hire-retain-and-grow-top-millennial-talent/how-to-provide-performance-feedback