News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to negotiate salary and benefits with millennials

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 10:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

How to negotiate salary and benefits with millennials

You found the perfect young person, and now, you're ready to negotiate the salary. You might think it's only about the money, but with millennials, it's not just about the cash. You see, 64 percent of millennials say it's a priority for them to make the world a better place, so don't underestimate the power of your company story, and non-cash items when you're negotiating with a millennial, so here are four tips that you can use. First and foremost, create goodwill. Now, I remember, I had an early boss tell me, "I don't just want you to come to work here, "I want you to be thrilled to come to work here." Now, at the time, I only had two weeks of vacation.

I was going from a very big company to a much smaller company, and so my boss had the flexibility to offer me three weeks of vacation. That one gesture was the biggest deal in the world to me. It said, "You're not just a number to us, "we want you to be happy," and that extra week of vacation, that cost them nothing, because I was in sales, so I was still responsible for hitting my number.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/hire-retain-and-grow-top-millennial-talent/how-to-negotiate-salary-and-benefits-with-millennials