News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to interview to separate the enlightened from the entitled

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 10:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

How to interview to separate the enlightened from the entitled

So tell me about yourself. It is the classic interview question and every candidate already has a coined answer. But do any of them really tell the truth? Has anyone ever answered, hmm, about me? Well the main thing you need to know is, I'm kind of self absorbed. Or, well the thing I think you'll really like about me the most is, I take criticism really personally and find it disabling. Or, you know what? I'm actually kind of a continual excuse maker who doesn't get things done.

No one ever answers that because they practiced the answers they know that you want to hear. So as a hiring manager, your challenge is to dig deeper. You don't want to know what this person's scripted answers are. You want to know, how are they going to show up on Monday morning? So the challenge is, how do you separate the entitled from the enlightened? So let's look at some data. Millennials place a very large emphasis on employee well-being and development and their company's contribution to wider society.

They tend to place less emphasis on personal income.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/hire-retain-and-grow-top-millennial-talent/how-to-interview-to-separate-the-enlightened-from-the-entitled