News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How I blew up my change to bag a great job!

Started by Badshah Mamun, June 21, 2012, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badshah Mamun

How I blew up my change to bag a great job!

A Truly Smart Job Seeker, before a long awaited interview is intricate about details like formal attire, information about the company and the job he is applying for. But not everyone is so smart! Here are some mind boggling incidences on how some "not-so-smart" Job Seekers blew up their chance to get the job they were trying very very hard for.

You can't misbehave. Hold Your Moods!!

You must be there on time and put your best foot forward! Be graceful and well behaved. Don't keep checking the time in your wrist watch as if you were bored of the process. "One applicant asked the hiring manager to speed things up so he could catch a bus." But the weirdest story came from a hiring manager who said, "One applicant said the company had a black aura and left."
Now this kind of an attitude will not get you a job ever!

BE Professional PLEASE

Your first impression can make or break your chance to get the job- but "not-so-smart" applicants don't understand the concept of formal attire. These ultra-cool candidates arrived at their interviews in T-shirts and jeans, but the worse is to come. One job hopeful arrived at his interview displaying a hairy chest, medallion, strong cologne and a wad of gum in his mouth. And which is worse: the applicant who wore a housecoat and slippers or the one who wore his slippers with a bathing suit and T-shirt?

But even the "so-called-smart" and impeccably dressed candidates can appear very unprofessional. Singing the national anthem, trying to sell the interviewer a car, doing yoga at the interview and showing off your new gadget will have similar effects!

Nervous breakdown's in the making..

Some degree of anxiety is normal - even beneficial - at an interview, but hiring managers report some candidates take nervousness to the extreme. Applicants fumbled, giggled, babbled, and even did not remember the job they were applying for - but they were the lucky ones. Other, "not-so-smooth" job seekers wet themselves, and one applicant fainted in the reception lobby.

Being acquisitive is fine.but don't look greedy!

Employee benefits are important to you and to every job seeker but asking the benefits in the initial contact is not recommended. "Not-so-smart" job seekers are very impatient to know about salary, time off, vacations - even a raise before they are offered the job. Other, more audacious candidates complained about the working hours, and one even asked, "How soon can I have your office?"

Stop acting Frantic!

YES!! You want the job, but wowing the interviewer with your skills and qualifications is much more effective than outright bribery. Some candidates just went across and offered interviewer gifts, money and far more for a job offer!

Source: http://www.timesjobs.com/candidate/careerresources/htmls/greatjob.jsp
Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Member, Skill Jobs
operation@skill.jobs
www.skill.jobs