News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

ARE YOU READY FOR THE JOB SEARCH ?

Started by Badshah Mamun, June 21, 2012, 07:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badshah Mamun

ARE YOU READY FOR THE JOB SEARCH ?

This checklist will help you identify where you may be off target in your job search.  Listed below are statements concerning job search preparation.  Read each statement and check those that describe you.  Tally the number of checks and calculate your search readiness.

I have decided on a specific career objective.

I can identify five of my strengths and can name several weaknesses.

I have reviewed all of my working and outside activities and made a list of my skills based on these experiences.

I can describe situations that demonstrate I have the skills listed in the preceding statement.

I have a well-written resume that sells my skills.

I have thought about my lifestyle and geographical preferences.

I know of at least three fields of employment where I might fit.

I can name five employers that hire people with my background.

I have used at least four different resources to gather names of potential employers.

I have spoken with at least three people who are employed in fields I am interested in, to learn more about what they do.

I keep a job interest notebook with articles on interesting careers, want ads of ideal positions, and notes from informational interviews I conduct.

I thoroughly research each organization I interview with and can clearly state why I am interested in working for each employer with whom I apply.

I am familiar with common interview questions and have prepared written responses to them.

I have thought of alternatives if I am unable to find the type of position I want.

Source: http://www.jobsa1.com/carrer/ready.htm
Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Member, Skill Jobs
operation@skill.jobs
www.skill.jobs