News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

A look at Twitter's new business dashboard

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 20, 2017, 09:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

A look at Twitter's new business dashboard

Thanks for joining me for another episode of Weekly Marketing Tips. I'm Brad Batesole and this week, I want to take a look at the new Twitter Dashboard. For businesses, Twitter can be time and resource intensive. There's a lot of conversations happening and tons of opportunity to engage with a wide array of audiences, so it's really neat to see Twitter's latest effort to support businesses by making things easier and faster. It's called Twitter Dashboard. Twitter calls this free Dashboard a powerful tool designed to help businesses connect with their fans, customers, and community.

The Dashboard offers a single destination to get things done that's giving business owners a clear picture of what's being said about their business and it lets you schedule tweets and even offers insights about tweet performance. I can scroll down on the landing page to learn a little bit about several features. We can see that we can schedule tweets, we can manage the business account, say by creating a custom feed to find out what's being said about the business. You can then use that custom feed to better engage with your community by seeing the tweets that you need to see first.

You can access great tips and analytics. Twitter's now offering up all kinds of ideas about what to tweet and when. It's even going to show you the timing as to the best time to reach your audience. To get started, you'll choose Let's Go at the bottom of the screen, or login with Twitter in the upper right hand corner. Now, this is a beta, so it may look different by the time you access it than it does when I'm accessing it. I'll go ahead and enter in my username and password to get started.

First thing is Twitter is going to ask us for some information about our business. Are we local, online, an app, a brand or product, an enterprise, or maybe other? I'll choose Other and I'll select one person from the "how many employees do you have?". Right away, you'll notice this looks a little like Twitter. You'll have a feed in the center of the screen, which is going to be all of your relevant tweets that you can engage with. At the top of the screen, I have some options. There's a Create dialogue. This is where I can create a tweet.

You'll notice that Twitter's offering me an idea to capture an ordinary, but beautiful moment in my day. I could do a tweet, I'll just call it Test Tweet, and in the drop-down arrow to the right hand side, that's where I can choose to schedule the tweet. Here, we can identify the date and time that we'd like and then choose Schedule Tweet. It'll appear in the Queue, which I can edit by either deleting the tweet, or I can even modify the tweet as I see fit. There's other ideas along the right hand side.

These will change as time goes on. This says "retweet an interesting article "about your industry or community". Here on the left hand side, you can see that I've tweeted zero times in the past week. At the top of the screen, I can also choose Analytics. This looks fairly similar to the Analytics dashboard that we've seen at analytics.twitter.com. Slightly modified, a little cleaner design. We can look at our activity, our media tweets, our replies, and so on and so forth. Now, let's go back to the home screen, and next to About You, you'll notice this pencil icon.

If I select that, this allows me to customize the settings to make sure that we don't miss any important tweets. If I choose Edit, we now have the opportunity to add in how people talk about your business. Here, Twitter's going to provide some tips: avoid common words, use advanced filters, and so on. Here, I can see they've already added my name and my Twitter handle. I could also misspell my name and add that as well.

Along the right hand side, you're going to see all of the tweets that match those filters. You can continue adding things that are related or unrelated until that feed looks perfectly dialed in for your specific needs. Once you choose Save Feed, Twitter's going to take you back to the Dashboard home, and there in the center of the screen, you're now going to have that refined feed. Take a few minutes this week, set up Twitter Dashboard, and see if it adds value to your marketing workflow. Thanks for checking in this week.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/marketing-tips-weekly/a-look-at-twitter-s-new-business-dashboard
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd