News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Why you should start running PPC ads

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 20, 2017, 09:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Why you should start running PPC ads

welcome to another episode of Weekly Marketing Tips. I'm Brad Batesole and this week, I'm going talk about why you shouldn't wait to start using PPC campaigns. When we talk about PPC, we're talking about pay per click which refers to many ads on the internet, but I wanna focus primarily about the ads that you see on Google. So when you search for something on Google, you've likely noticed that the top two or three results have that little green ad icon next to them. These results are part of a PPC campaign which means businesses have paid to have their website show up for the keyword that you've searched for.

Now there are so many platforms and tools for marketers to focus on these days. Think about how many social media channels you have or how many different ways there are to get a message out there online. But, savvy marketers realize that paid advertising campaigns like PPC, can be magic when they're run alongside organic methods such as social media, blogging and PR. But let's dig deeper than PPC simply being another marketing tool to think about. Instead, let's look at how much time and money it can save you.

Sure, you're paying out for every click on your website but these clicks are highly targeted. People have specifically searched for a keyword and your campaign promises them the information they want. Even better, these campaigns are incredibly easy to analyze through Google AdWords, so you can modify and tweak them until they're performing the way you need every single day. Now think for a minute about how many people are using Google right now. Then think about how many people type in a search term and hope that they'll get the information that they need. Now think about what your business offers and a keyword that someone might search for whose looking for that offer.

Think about how you use Google. When you search for something, do you ever click unto the second page of results? I'm going to assume you say no because very few people do which makes the first page of Google incredibly valuable property. PPC campaigns get you unto that first page of Google when your business is just starting out and it gets your company name in front of customers who are ready to buy. And how do you know they're ready to buy? Because they've searched specifically for the information that you're offering. In this regard, PPC campaigns are sending you highly targeted consumers who are absolutely ready to buy.

They're in that mindset, they're actively searching for your product or something you offer. Now you might be thinking, I don't have time to set this up and maintain these campaigns but this is really another myth that many marketers fall for. We spend so much time focusing on viral social media strategies, creating content, social media, SEO and all of these other means to get traffic and that's a lot of time. But while those methods might be free, they're costing us a lot of time and time is money. Now if you practice SEO with your business, then you might be wondering why you should pay for listings on Google when you're already working on it organically.

But think about how much time it takes to tweak your website wait for results, optimize the content, chase the backlinks. All of these methods, again, might be free in terms of money but they definitely aren't free in terms of time. Now on the flipside, PPC costs money but it saves you a ton of time to work on other parts of your business, which is an invaluable asset to have. Today, I'd like to challenge you to think about how you can implement PPC campaigns in your strategy if you aren't already.

And if you're just diving in to PPC, there are several videos right here that'll help you get started on these campaigns. I'd love to hear from you about your thoughts on PPC. Are you using them? Are you not? If not, what's stopping you from getting started? Follow me on Twitter at bradbatesole and let me know. I'll see you next week.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/marketing-tips-weekly/why-you-should-start-running-ppc-ads
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd