News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

One page marketing plan

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 20, 2017, 09:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

One page marketing plan

welcome to another episode of Weekly Marketing Tips. I'm Brad Batesole, and today I want to talk about the one-page marketing plan. I've always been a fan of keeping things simple and being realistic with the amount of information needed to kick off a new campaign. So, if you're feeling like you're always behind in your marketing objectives, you're not alone. We're marketing in a landscape that's shifting at incomprehensible speeds, and this means we need to be agile and find ways to introduce new marketing strategies without going overkill on the planet. Now, every idea has to be baked to a certain degree.

The one-page marketing plan approach I'm about to show you doesn't suggest you circumvent doing your research, it's just a format for you to quickly align your ideas and help steer decisions as the plan unfolds. So, this one-page idea comes through an adaptation of The Business Model Canvas. If you haven't seen this before, here's an example of what it looks like. This one-page canvas was developed to help create business models in a very visual format. This idea was originally proposed in 2008 by Alexander Osterwalder, and since then, various adaptations have found their way around.

If you want to learn more about The Business Model Canvas, check out strategyzer.com. But for today's tip, we're going to look at my variation of the one-page marketing plan. So, here's what we've got. Now, oftentimes I draw this on a white board in a team planning meeting, or I'll put it together in a shared Google doc. You can tweak it as you need, and you may even find yourself creating a very high plan and then adding more one-page marketing plans beneath that for each campaign or idea that can be somewhat self-contained.

The goal here is to get the entire approach in one quick to process format. It's easy to share, it's easy to reference, and it helps guide you through the necessary steps before you kick off a new campaign. So, let's walk through the sections together. The top-left we start with our objective and the problem. This is fairly straightforward. What are we trying to do with this campaign and what problem are we solving for our customer? Below that, we'll list out our budget, that may be a budget for a week, a month, a year, we'll get to that in a minute.

And below that, we list our tactics. What are we going to do to execute on this? Maybe we are going to launch a tiered email campaign, we're going to use re-marketing, we have display that's going to start with high engagement and then nurture and so on and so forth. Back to the top, in the second column there, we have key metrics, so what are you measuring? And below that, what is the goal and what do you forecast the outcome to be? Oh, we want a 20% lift in traffic to the website. And in the middle here, we have our unfair advantage. So, what is it that's unfair about how you're executing the strategy, what you're communicating to your customer that your competition doesn't have? And below that, we have the finished benefits, which are what we're going to communicate to the customer.

Now, if you're a little unfamiliar with the unfair advantage and the finished benefits, I do have marketing tips on those specific items, one video for each, so you can check that out and you'll get a deeper insight onto that. Moving on, we have channels, so that's where you're going to execute the strategy. It may be social, it may be Facebook, it may be TV, radio, wherever you're going to promote this marketing campaign. Below that is a timeline, is it a day, a week, three months? How long is this going to run? To the right, we'd list our high level customer segments, who are we targeting? And below that, any creative requirements.

So, this could be the display ads you need to generate, any text that you need, copy, email, and so on. And that's really all there is to it. Using this will help you walk through the key components to put together a high level marketing plan that will also guide you as you deploy it. Now, feel free to build your own version, there's no right answer to how you do your planning. I just want you to think simple and efficient, and you'll find it's easier to get things going. You'll adapt as you go, so don't plan too far ahead and pretend that you can predict the outcome three months from now.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/marketing-tips-weekly/one-page-marketing-plan
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd