News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Use hunter.io to find email addresses

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 20, 2017, 09:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Use hunter.io to find email addresses

welcome to another episode of Weekly Marketing Tips. I'm Brad Batesole and today I want to share with you a tool called Hunter. Hunter is a lightweight resource that makes it nearly effortless to find email addressees associated with a website, company, or a LinkedIn profile. Now the use cases here are pretty obvious. You might be pitching a partnership opportunity, seeking leads, inquiring about media coverage, and so on. It's usually fairly easy to find a company's email, but we know that it's far better to reach a specific person.

So you'll check out Hunter at hunter.io, and this is their landing page. You'll see that you can simply type in a company name to see how the tool works. If I scroll down you can read more on what Hunter can do, as well as gain access to this Chrome extension which we're going to look at in just a minute. Now to give you a perspective of how this works, I've already signed up, and I've logged in, and here I am on the home screen. Now Hunter does have a free version, but it is a paid platform.

So I'll choose Upgrade my account in the upper right-hand corner, and you'll see what the costs are. So about 1,000 requests a month is $39, and the free plan is 150 requests. So here on the homepage, let's do a search for hubspot.com. What you'll see is that Hunter is going to return all of the contacts it finds, including titles if it has them, and even Twitter accounts. You'll be able to export all of the email addresses in a CSV format, which is helpful if you're reaching out to a particular company and you want to access a lot of folks at the same time.

Now additionally, you have the option to use a Verify tool which allows you to type in an email address that you've found to see if it's an actual email and if it's associated with a particular person, but where this gets cool is their Chrome extension. If you install the Chrome extension, you can access it by selecting their icon from your toolbar, and what they'll do is show you any email addresses associated with the website that you're on. In this case I'm on hunter.io, and here they're showing me the various emails that they've discovered.

Now I'm here on LinkedIn and I've pulled up a profile, and where this gets interesting is if I select the Hunter icon from my Chrome toolbar, they're going to do a search to help identify what this person's email address may be. In this case, they say, hey we believe the email address is as you see it on the screen. We're 95% confident, and this is really helpful because this allows you to search for folks on LinkedIn, and while you can't see their emails on LinkedIn, you can use this extension as a way to potentially get access to either their company or their personal email address.

So, check out hunter.io and see if it improves your day to day workflow. Thanks for checking in this week. As always, I'd love to hear from you, so follow me on Twitter via @bradbatesole, and let me know what you thought about this week's episode.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/marketing-tips-weekly/use-hunter-io-to-find-email-addresses
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd