News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Introduction to targeting on LinkedIn

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 20, 2017, 09:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Introduction to targeting on LinkedIn

LinkedIn is home to the largest professional network in the world and there's an opportunity for you to get your message in front of the right audience at the right time when they're most engaged. In this video we'll review how to set up the target audience for your Sponsored InMail campaign. By now you've set up your campaign, created your Sponsored InMail message, and navigated to the audience selection page. No matter which LinkedIn Ads product you're using and setting up you're going to end up on this targeting page, which you are brought to after creating your Sponsored InMail messages. On this page you have the option to target your message to a specific geographic location, employment experiences, like employees of specific companies, as well as the industry and the size of that company.

You have the option to segment an audience by their level of experience, like Job function, Job title, Years of experience and seniority. You're also able to focus on educational information, like Degree, schools they've attended, and Fields of study. You also have the unique targeting options, like members of specific groups, and professionals with specific skills. The first thing I need to do is establish the location where I want to reach your target audience. You'll need to do that by selecting country, state, city, or even the town right here in this location search or a drop down.

If I want to target United States I can type in United States, click into the United States option, and you'll see on the right hand side that United States is now selected. If I wanted to add an exclusion, so if I wanted to exclude a specific region within United States, I can navigate back to the location area and click to exclude and type in, for example, New York. There are a couple of different options, so let's select the one that's relevant for you. Next I'd like to refine my target audience by selecting a Company size.

I'd like to target the companies that 50 or more employees. To do that I can either check the box next to each of the company size range, or alternatively this company size option has the ability to exclude, so I'll select exclude and exclude any company size that's below 50. Next I can refine my target audience further by choosing the Job seniority. Now for my campaign it'll be relevant for me to target skilled professionals, for example, individual contributors who are highly skilled professionals, like consultants and marketing managers, Managers, as well as Directors.

To further refine my target audience I'd like to add some Member groups. Now this is a custom field where you can type a group if you have specific ones in mind, or for example, if I wanted to explore all the different social media groups available I can type in social media. And you can see here there's a couple of different options, and I'll select Social Media Marketing. Now last thing I'd like to add here is experience and target any professional who has at least four years of experience. Now you can see on the right hand side that all of my targeting options are now added up.

So I am targeting members who are within United States, but not in New York, who work at a company size 50 and above, they're either an individual contributor, Manager, or Director, they follow Social Media Marketing groups, and they have at least four years of experience. And now as I scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see an option here to help expand your target audience with Audience Expansion. For more information you can also hover over this tool tip. When selecting your target audience consider the context of your message and the goal of your campaign.

Will they find your message relevant? Select your audiences that are most likely to engage with your message and find your call to action relevant and valuable.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/linkedin-sponsored-inmail/introduction-to-targeting-on-linkedin
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd