News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Become an employer of choice

Started by arif, April 19, 2017, 09:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Become an employer of choice

My favorite saying is "Choose a job you love "and you'll never work a day in your life." Everyone focuses on the part about loving their job but forgets about what I believe is the most important part of the whole quote and that is "Choose". Candidates have choices. So how can you become a diverse candidates top pick? You need to address the question that will not be asked out loud, which is "Why would I want to move to an area that has no diversity? "Where would I get my hair done? "Where would I go to church?" Neither of those needs have anything to do with your company but yet those two concerns, among others affect your ability to attract top diverse candidates.

So what can you do? You can help the candidate feel welcome in their new community by creating a welcome committee that's diverse. What companies have done in the past, is set up a one on one mentor relationship with someone who looks just like them. But that makes the person feel as different as they look. First you're assuming that just because two people.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/human-resources-diversity-recruiting/become-an-employer-of-choice