News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to create a Facebook event

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 19, 2017, 06:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

How to create a Facebook event

Facebook is a perfect place to let your audience know about an event that you're running for your business. This could be an open house, sale, concert, or book signing, just to name a few. Events are a unique type of Facebook post. They act the same as a regular post, with the commenting, liking, and sharing abilities, but also allow you to invite people to them, and those people to RSVP on Facebook. Let's walk through creating a Facebook event. First, if you're not already there, you're going to want to head to your Facebook page. You can find it by selecting the arrow in the menu at the top right corner of your profile, and selecting the page you wanna create an event on.

I'm on the Landon Hotel Facebook page, and this is a fictitious brand I set up for this example. To create an event, I'm going to head to the status box at the top of my timeline, and choose the Offer and Event option. From this dropdown, I'm going to select Event. It's from this dialogue box that I'm gonna create my event. The first thing I see here is the event photo. I'm gonna remove this one and use one that I have uploaded on my computer. In this event, the Landon Hotel is hosting an afternoon tea, so I choose an image that represents this event.

I can drag to reposition if I wish. Next, I'll add the event name. I'll keep the location at the Landon Hotel, and I'll set my start and end date for this event. Underneath that, I'm able to select a category for my event. I'm gonna select Food and Drinks and Dining. Next is the description. This is where I can tell people what the event is about. Underneath the description, I have the ability to tag the event.

So I'll enter "London, UK." This helps people find my event. The Ticket URL option allows you to add a link to a website where people can purchase tickets. I'm going to leave this blank. Adding co-hosts is a lot like adding an admin to your page. This allows others to edit and manage your event. Underneath that I have two additional options. The first is to only have hosts post on the event wall, and the second is to make sure that all posts are always approved by an admin before posting.

I'm gonna keep those blank, and I'm gonna select the down arrow next to the Publish button. This is where I can either save my draft or schedule the event to be posted in the future. I'm ready to publish my event now, so I'm gonna select that button. Here we are on the event page. It looks great, and this is what people see when they click on the event. Taking a look under the cover photo, we have a series of buttons that I wanna cover. The first is Interested. The Interested option allows people to mark if they're interested in the event, but they're not quite sure if they wanna RSVP or decline the event quite yet.

And the Invite button is key. Here you can choose friends you can invite to the event. You're also able to share the event and share the event on one of your pages, as well. Next to that is the Edit button. Clicking into that opens up that dialogue box once again and I can edit any of my event information here. And the three dot menu button gives me some additional event functionality, so I can manage the posts that appear on the event page. The Get More Responses allows me to create a paid promotion for my event.

I can add this event to another page, copy the event information if I wanna create a new one. I can create a QR code or I can export the event details to a file on my computer. If I scroll down the event page, here I can see that Facebook wants to offer some event tips. It never hurts to take a look at these. Underneath that, I have the guest tally. I can see how many people are interested, going to the event, and how many have been invited. Underneath that I have the insights, so I can see how my event is performing.

Below that I can quickly invite any friends from this location, as well. So underneath here, I'm gonna select Go to Landon Hotels Timeline, 'cause I wanna see how my event looks on my page. If I scroll down to access this event, I see it here. This is how it's going to look on my page, and this is how it's going to appear in the News Feed of my fans. So now that you know how events work, how might you be able to leverage them in your business and create them for your page?

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/facebook-for-business/how-to-create-a-facebook-event
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd