News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to create a Facebook page

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 19, 2017, 06:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

How to create a Facebook page

Creating a Facebook page for your business or brand is the first step to advertising on Facebook. Facebook walks you through the creation process step by step, but you will need to have a clear idea of what your business does, a logo or profile picture and cover photo. Let's walk through those steps on how to set up a Facebook page. First, you will need to log into your personal Facebook account. This account will be the one associated to the page you're setting up. This account will also be how you'll manage your page, and you'll be able to add other admins once your page is set up.

Users won't know your personal profile is associated with a specific page. Here you can see I'm logged in as Dahlia Landon. This is the owner of a fictitious brand, The Landon Hotel, we'll be setting up a Facebook page for. The first thing we're gonna do is head to the arrow on the menu at the top right of your screen. Here we can see any pages Dahlia is an owner for, and we see The Landon Hotel. We're gonna go through how to create that page again, so I'll select Create Page. On this page, we'll choose a primary business category. You can choose from Local Business or Place, Company Organization or Institution, Brand or Product, Artist, Entertainment, or Cause or Community.

Each category unlocks different features for your brand page. If you're unsure which category to choose, here's a guide of sorts that you can also reference to help narrow down your primary category. You can find this webpage by using the link below on your screen. Back on the main page, you can always click into the main category and look through the subcategories to see where your business might fit in. For my example, I'm gonna select the Local Business or Place and then choose the Hotel category.

Next I'll go ahead and fill in the rest of the information for my page. Be aware that this phone number, along with all the other information, will be shown publicly on your page. Before you select Get Started, it's always a good idea to look at the Facebook Pages and Terms. Here Facebook walks us through the final steps in creating our page. In this top section here, we can add categories that our page belongs to. Here you can see Hotel is already populated. You may want to add other categories that are important or relevant to your business.

Next, we have the opportunity to add a short description about our page. You can see at the top here, it's limited to 155 characters. I'm gonna go ahead and add in our short description. For many businesses, this information will be found on your website or marketing material. The goal is to succinctly communicate what your page is about. Your next option is to add any links that you wish to share. I'm gonna add in the LandonHotel.com Next is a unique Facebook web address.

Without this set up, Facebook assigns a bunch of random characters to your Facebook URL, but once you set yours, it makes it really easy for people to find your page, and a lot cleaner to share its information. If I was to set a unique web address, I'd go ahead and add in The Landon Hotel. Here I'll select Yes, Yes, and I'll go ahead and save the info. here we can see that The Landon Hotel is taken. That's because we have another page set up using that name. I'm gonna go ahead and delete this for our example, and hit Save Info.

Here's where we add the profile picture for our account. I can upload it from a computer or import it from a website. Here I'm selecting it from my desktop, and I'll select Next. Here I have the option to add my page to my favorites. This means that it'll be displayed prominently on my Facebook profile so I can access it easily. I'll select Add Favorites, and Next. Here I can create some key information for my page. So setting a preferred page audience tells Facebook who I want to connect with so they can put my page in front of those people.

Use any of your marketing and branding personas you've developed. So for here, Locations, I can add in London, England. I can set my age criteria, 25 to 65. I'll keep the gender as All, and then I can select some specific interests. I'll create Travel here. Next, I have an ability to choose a language, so I'll select English (All).

Once that's input, I'm gonna select Save. And there you have it, your Facebook page is created. It's pretty blank right now, and Facebook wants to help you learn how to navigate it. So your next step is gonna be following the prompts in the message box at the top and familiarizing yourself with your brand new page.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/facebook-for-business/how-to-create-a-facebook-page
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd