News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Who is this course for?- Marketing for Small Business

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 19, 2017, 10:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Who is this course for?- Marketing for Small Business

- Oftentimes, we toss the term small business around to mean everything from the coffee shop next door to a company that has upwards of 300 employees. Interestingly enough, the United States Small Business Administration has an entire chart dedicated to determining, based on your classification, whether or not you qualify as a small business. But I don't intend to debate the way we use this term. Instead, I want to clarify how I'll be using this term. This course is designed with the very small business in mind. You might be an entrepreneur, a new startup, or in business for the last five years with 30 or so employees.

This course is for a business that wants to learn or realign themselves with the core concepts of marketing at a smaller scale. Or for someone who has recently joined a small business and been tasked with tackling everything that is marketing. Now this doesn't mean you can't get something out of this material if you're on the verge of redefining yourself as a medium size business. I just want to be very clear in my goals for what you'll be learning. Together, we'll go through the challenges of marketing with a small team and a small budget.

We'll look at ways to start from scratch or to reorganize yourself after a few failed attempts. We'll spend most of our time talking about the what and the why. I'm not going to dive too deep into the how behind some of these concepts. Instead, I'll point you to excellent courses here on lynda.com where you can expand further. My reasoning for that is because marketing is very specific to your business and your target market. I can't possibly know the exact nuances that you're faced with, so instead, I'll give you the education you need to discover those on your own, to build your foundation, and to identify the areas where you need to spend time learning the how after you've decided it's the approach for you.

So if you identify with everything I just said, let's dive right in.

Every small business is different. However, the common secret of successful small businesses lies in a solid marketing plan. In this course, Brad Batesole walks you through everything you need to know about marketing your service or product effectively—regardless of your team's size or budget. He explains how to identify your target market and competition, formulate your brand message, figure out the best marketing channels, identify your advertising options, and measure your results. He also provides guidance on how to decide whether to do your own marketing or hire a professional.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/marketing-for-small-business/who-is-this-course-for
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd