News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

An overview of accounts From the course: Google Analytics Essential Training

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 19, 2017, 09:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

An overview of accounts- Google Analytics Essential Training

- A Google Analytics Account is more of a container of sorts. It can be used for one purpose, or to group data from multiple sites together. At the top, you have your Account. It's here that you can apply Users, and even set up configuration settings that apply to everything within your Account. Within your Account, you can have one or more Properties. A Property is just a website or mobile application. Each Property gets a unique tracking ID, and that'll tell Google Analytics to collect and store all of that data together. Typically, you create separate Accounts for unique businesses.

And then you can create unique Properties within that Account for the different websites, mobile applications, or other digital assets that belong to the business. Within each Property, you can create different Views for your data. A View is how you'll access reports. For example, within a Property you might have one View of all the data for mysite.com, and then one View of only AdWords traffic for mysite.com, and then one View of only traffic to a subdomain, like sales.mysite.com. By default, you have one unfiltered View that is automatically generated when you create a Property.

You won't want to apply any settings or configurations to this View, since it's really just the backup for your data. Once you delete a View, it's gone forever, so having a backup View, like the unfiltered data View, is very useful. We'll talk more on Views later, but if you're taking notes, you really wanna have one master View, and a test View. A test View allows you to make configuration tests, and see how things change over time. And, that's great, because you wanna do that before you roll those changes into your master View. When you create a new View, Google Analytics does not automatically copy any of the historical data in the original View to the new View.

So you'll only have data starting from the date you create the View. Let's take a look at how this looks in the actual Google Analytics platform. From here, I've gone ahead and logged in to a Google Analytics Account that I've already created. Now, we're gonna talk more on setting up your Account to begin, but I just wanna show you how things look once you've got all of your data and Accounts in here. In this table view, we can see all of the Accounts that I've associated with my Google Analytics platform. And as I select one, you'll see that we have the Property, which contains a name, and then a unique tracking number, which I've highlighted, here.

You'll also notice that below this Property, I have several Views, four in this case, and we can see a snippet of the data on the right-hand side in these columns. So, within this Account, Branded Crate, I have a Property, which just so happens to be named Branded Crate, followed by several Views. Now, you're not seeing any data associated with some of these Views, because I created them with the specific intent of showing you what it looks like when you have multiple Views, associated to a Property, associated to an Account. Now that you're familiar with Views, it's time to set up your first Account.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/google-analytics-essential-training/an-overview-of-accounts
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd