News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Brainstorming content ideas for your business

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 19, 2017, 12:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Brainstorming content ideas for your business

Let's talk about some different strategies that you can use to brainstorm content ideas for your Instagram account. I'm going to focus a little more heavily on services in this video because I think that they can have a slightly more difficult time in finding which type of content is right for Instagram. If you have a product, post photos of your product, people using your product, and creative ways in which it's used, but if you have a service it can be a little more abstract. Let's talk about some different ways to find inspiration. First of all, list all of the products and services that you offer and then create a second list of all the benefits that your products and services provide.

Remember to think of the different ways your products are used and try to be as creative as possible here. Think of the ways that your products are used that not everybody's going to think of. For instance, I mentioned the company Chobani earlier in the course, the yogurt company, and when I think of yogurt I think about just eating yogurt, but on the Chobani Instagram page they have photos of different ways that you can cook with the yogurt and that leads to almost endless possibilities. It's also important to think about when people are most happy using your product.

One example i can think about for this particular aspect of using Instagram is if you have a plumbing service. Now, if you just think about taking photos of you doing plumbing work they may not be the most glamorous photos to post to Instagram, but what is the end goal of hiring a plumber? Well, it's probably to have running water and water is one of the most vital resources on the planet. People really like water, they need water, so now we open ourselves up to all of these ideas of the different ways that people use water. So, if I'm a plumber I could post some photos to Instagram of somebody pouring a nice pristine cold glass of water on a hot summer day, or the family outside in the yard running through the sprinkler outside in the sun.

So, we're not just talking about the actual work that you do but the end result of that work. And even more importantly, when are those really special moments when somebody's benefiting from the product that they've purchased or the service that you've provided? Try and capture those moments. I have a personal friend that I went to high school with and a couple of years ago I stumbled upon his Instagram account. He inherited a landscaping service that his father owned, and I think his grandfather owned it before him, and he was the first one that really took to this digital marketing aspect of the business.

He created an Instagram account and he has one of the most beautiful Instagram accounts that I've seen. He posts photos of every job that he does, waterfalls, walkways, gardens, flower beds, all of these beautiful, beautiful landscaping designs and projects, and he puts them on Instagram and they look absolutely stunning. This is the type of account that you would follow even if you're not looking to get a landscaping job done, just because the photos are so gorgeous. But oh, guess what? Now I need a landscaper, who am I going to call? Well, I have this guy on Instagram that I follow and his work is great, I see it every day, so maybe I'll call him first.

Another type of service that I'd like to mention because I was trying to think of the most difficult services to really put on Instagram, I thought about waste removal. So, maybe you're a waste removal company, how can you capture these special moments? Well, taking out somebody's garbage isn't going to be the best picture. Now, if you have a guy or a woman smiling taking out the garbage, maybe it could work, but what happens with that waste afterwards? Maybe there's some recycling that's being done so you can post photos of artwork that people have made with reclaimed metal, wood, or refinished wood.

Maybe you could even provide some ideas on how people could use their household waste and reuse it to be more efficient and more environmentally friendly, and that opens you up to the whole environmental aspect of things. So, you could even just be posting pictures of a nice national park that's nice and clean and there's no waste in it. What I'm getting at is that just because you have a service that you might not be able to digitally capture right off the bat, remember to be unique, creative, and personal. Capture those special moments and think about all of their uses that your product or service has, and what that final benefit that it provides to the customers are.

It's those moments in those situations that are perfect for Instagram. So, hopefully this will give you some ideas of ways that you can list the products and services that your company provides and then get the benefits of those services and the special moments they create uploaded to Instagram.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/instagram-for-business-2/brainstorming-content-ideas-for-your-business
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd