News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Open-Ended Interview Questions and Answers

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 13, 2017, 02:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Open-Ended Interview Questions and Answers

Open-ended interview questions and answers should be reviewed before you head into your interview. Basically, open-ended questions are those that cannot be answered with "yes" or "no."

The standard job interview can go in a variety of directions, and can sometimes get taken way off course. Other times, interviewers are trying to get a good sense of personality from you as a candidate to see if you will fit into the employer's culture.

Either way, it?s your job as the candidate to turn these into answers your recruiter or new manager might want to hear.

Open-ended questions are typically used when the same questions are asked of all interviewees. The more open-ended the question, the greater the variety of answers among those being interviewed. The applicants can answer the questions however they choose to respond. There are no yes or no or right or wrong answers. In-depth responses are expected, along with a description or explanation.

Do include examples in your responses to open-ended interview questions. Providing detail and relating your response to the job you are applying for and the company, will bolster your candidacy because the employer uses the interview responses to compare applicants.

Tell Me About Yourself
One of the most commonly presented open-ended questions is actually a statement: "Tell me about yourself." What the prospective employer wants is a quick, 2- to 3-minute snapshot of who you are and why you're the best candidate for the position.

You should talk about what you've done to prepare yourself to be the very best candidate for the position. Use an example or two to back it up. "Tell me about yourself" does not mean tell me everything. Just tell me what makes you the best.

Open-Ended Interview Questions

Here are some examples of additional open-ended interview questions you may be asked, plus sample answers:

How do you evaluate success? - Best Answers
How would you describe yourself? - Best Answers
Tell me about yourself. - Best Answers
Tell me about something that's not on your resume. - Best Answers
What is your greatest strength? - Best Answers
How will your greatest strength help you perform? - Best Answers
What is your greatest weakness? - Best Answers
Why are you leaving your job? - Best Answers
How do you handle stress and pressure? - Best Answers
What motivates you? - Best Answers
What do you find are the most difficult decisions to make? - Best Answers
What are you passionate about? - Best Answers
What are your pet peeves? - Best Answers
Why are you the best person for the job? - Best Answers
What challenges are you looking for in a position? - Best Answers
What are your goals for the future? - Best Answers
Types of Open-Ended Interview Questions
Anecdotal Interview Questions
Behavioral Interview Questions

Competency Based Interview Questions
Interview Articles and Advice
Job Interview Questions and Answers
Top 10 Job Interview Tips
Behavioral Interviews
What to Wear to a Job Interview
Phone Interview Etiquette
Job Interview Thank You Letters

Sources: https://www.thebalance.com/open-ended-interview-questions-and-answers-2061635
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd