News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Managing Email Effectively

Started by bbasujon, April 11, 2017, 01:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbasujon

Checking Email

Checking your email regularly during the day can be an effective way to keep your inbox at manageable levels.

However, the constant interruption and distraction Add to My Personal Learning Plan that comes from multitasking Add to My Personal Learning Plan in this way can dramatically lower your productivity, and disrupt your ability to enter a state of flow Add to My Personal Learning Plan when working on high value projects.

One strategy you can use is to check email only at set points during the day. For instance, you may decide that you'll only check your email first thing in the morning, before lunch, and at the end of the day.
Here, it helps to set your email software to "receive" messages only at certain times, so that you're not distracted Add to My Personal Learning Plan by incoming messages. If you can't do this, at least make sure that you turn off audible and visual alerts.

You can also reserve time to read and respond to email after a long period of focused work, or at the time of day when your energy and creativity are at their lowest (this means that you can do higher value work at other times). Our article, Is This a Morning Task? Add to My Personal Learning Plan will help you identify when you're feeling least energetic, so that you can schedule time appropriately.

If you're concerned that your colleagues, boss, or clients will be annoyed or confused that you're not responding to their email quickly, explain that you only check email at certain times, and that they can call you or use instant messaging Add to My Personal Learning Plan if the matter is really urgent.

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/managing-email.htm