News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Top 5 Performance Management Tools to Maximise Productivity

Started by hasanuzzaman.cdc, November 05, 2020, 01:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanuzzaman.cdc

Top 5 Performance Management Tools to Maximize Productivity
If you are in HR, you are well aware of the fact that ours is a con­stant­ly evolv­ing field. The flex­i­bil­i­ty of our work is what makes it so effec­tive, but it also means that we always need to be on the ball. It's vital that we keep an eye out for emerg­ing per­for­mance man­age­ment trends, while research­ing effi­cient tools to stream­line exist­ing process­es and improve pro­duc­tiv­i­ty levels.

With that in mind, at Clear Review we have spent some time research­ing the best per­for­mance man­age­ment tools used by mod­ern organ­i­sa­tions. If you incor­po­rate and prop­er­ly utilise all the tools men­tioned below, the result will be a hap­pi­er, more effi­cient and more engaged business.

1. One-on-one per­for­mance check-ins
If you want to fol­low in the foot­steps of cor­po­rate giant Adobe, who reduced their vol­un­tary turnover by 30%, you should look at intro­duc­ing one-on-one per­for­mance check-ins. This trend is tak­ing over, with oth­er com­pa­nies such as IBM, Google, Cargill, Harper­Collins, IBM and ITV incor­po­rat­ing the tool.

Reg­u­lar per­for­mance dis­cus­sions through­out the year improve rela­tion­ships between man­agers and employ­ees, while build­ing employ­ee engage­ment lev­els and boost­ing pro­duc­tiv­i­ty. In con­trast, the tra­di­tion­al approach to per­for­mance man­age­ment has been shown to be a seri­ous waste of time and mon­ey. We pre­dict that in a few years' time, reliance on a sin­gle annu­al appraisal will be a thing of the past.

2. Aligned SMART objectives
The impor­tance of set­ting clear, straight­for­ward employ­ee goals is not dis­put­ed. It is essen­tial for employ­ees to cre­ate for them­selves real­is­tic but stretch­ing goals that will keep them moti­vat­ed and enthu­si­as­tic about the work they're doing for your company.

On top of this, employ­ee goals need to be upward­ly aligned to com­pa­ny objec­tives. Using a sim­ple upwards align­ing process, as rec­om­mend­ed by man­age­ment experts The Cor­po­rate Exec­u­tive Board, unites every­one with­in the com­pa­ny and ensures you are all push­ing in the same direction.

3. Real-time feedback
Fair and accu­rate feed­back is crit­i­cal to great per­for­mance. In fact, stud­ies have shown that it can increase rates of per­for­mance by a stag­ger­ing 39%. How­ev­er, it isn't sim­ply the nature of the feed­back that mat­ters — time­li­ness is also an impor­tant fac­tor. We now know that feed­back is more effi­cient when it is giv­en as soon as pos­si­ble. Unfor­tu­nate­ly, all too often, feed­back isn't shared for weeks, or even months.

Real-time feed­back has been asso­ci­at­ed with a num­ber of ben­e­fits, includ­ing increased reten­tion, improved recruit­ment, bet­ter per­for­mance and an increased abil­i­ty to han­dle change. Thank­ful­ly, real-time feed­back is achiev­able these days, with the advent of tablets, lap­tops and smart­phones. Using per­for­mance man­age­ment soft­ware, feed­back can be giv­en by peers and man­agers at any time.

4. Per­son­al Devel­op­ment Plans (PDPs)
How much time and effort does your com­pa­ny spend on devel­op­ing PDPs? Accord­ing to research, per­son­al devel­op­ment is a key dri­ver of employ­ee per­for­mance and engage­ment. In fact, 87% of mil­len­ni­als state devel­op­ment oppor­tu­ni­ties are a crit­i­cal com­po­nent of what attracts them to a par­tic­u­lar com­pa­ny. To attract and retain the best of the best, the PDP is a tool you will want to incor­po­rate into your business.

PDPs aren't a per­for­mance man­age­ment tool you should sim­ply pay lip ser­vice to, and then neglect for anoth­er year. Instead, man­ag­er and employ­ee should cre­ate SMART PDPs that can be updat­ed and reviewed online through­out the year. By encour­ag­ing this in their employ­ees, com­pa­nies ben­e­fit from a work­force who pos­sess a sense of direc­tion and focus in rela­tion to their careers.

5. Reward and recog­ni­tion schemes
No employ­ee works just for a pay­check. In fact, it has been shown that 80% of employ­ees work hard­er when they feel appre­ci­at­ed. Anoth­er source shows that 43% of employ­ees would feel more moti­vat­ed by appre­ci­a­tion than mon­ey. Final­ly, a fur­ther source states that recog­ni­tion can improve team cul­ture and reduce turnover. If you are look­ing to engage your employ­ees and inspire excel­lent per­for­mance, look into design­ing and imple­ment­ing a reward and recog­ni­tion scheme. Remem­ber, even if you're a start­up, there are inex­pen­sive but effi­cient ways of reward­ing your team.
[/size][/font]

Source: https://www.clearreview.com/top-5-performance-management-tools-maximise-productivity/
Assistant Administrative Officer
Career Development Center(CDC), DIU