News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

What are your Strengths & Weakness?

Started by hasanuzzaman.cdc, August 18, 2020, 12:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanuzzaman.cdc

What are your Strengths? / Can you give an example of some innovative or creative idea that you've had? / What is your proudest achievement?

"My greatest strength is my work ethic. And I believe that my academic scores reflect that. Whatever tasks are assigned to me, I always try to complete them dutifully."

"I am a people-person. I like interacting with people and making them smile. I have done Standup routines at our Amateur Club on Campus. I loved that experience. I think it will definitely come in handy in this Sales Opening."

The best answers include illustrations demonstrating those strengths and are relevant for the role that the candidate is being interviewed for.

DON'T:
1.Don't be humble. This is your chance to brag and "sell yourself."
2.Don't offer strengths that are irrelevant or lame.
3.Don't offer strengths that are contradicted by your CV. You cannot say that you're a studious hard-working student if your grades are poor.

DO:
1. Introspect and identify your strengths.
2. Come up with specific examples demonstrating those strengths.
3. Talk about strengths that align with the role that you're applying for.

Learning Pundits Content TeamLearning Pundits Content Team
Written on 3 October 2017

TIPS on answering Behavioral Interview Questions

Commonly asked questions on Strengths and Achievements

What are your Strengths? / Can you give an example of some innovative or creative idea that you've had? / What is your proudest achievement?
"My greatest strength is my work ethic. And I believe that my academic scores reflect that. Whatever tasks are assigned to me, I always try to complete them dutifully."

"I am a people-person. I like interacting with people and making them smile. I have done Standup routines at our Amateur Club on Campus. I loved that experience. I think it will definitely come in handy in this Sales Opening."

The best answers include illustrations demonstrating those strengths and are relevant for the role that the candidate is being interviewed for.

DON'T:
1.    Don't be humble. This is your chance to brag and "sell yourself."

2.    Don't offer strengths that are irrelevant or lame.

3.    Don't offer strengths that are contradicted by your CV. You cannot say that you're a studious hard-working student if your grades are poor.

DO:
1.    Introspect and identify your strengths.

2.    Come up with specific examples demonstrating those strengths.

3.    Talk about strengths that align with the role that you're applying for.

What are your weaknesses? / What are your biggest regrets in life? / Can you give an example of a time you failed to achieve your goals?

Choose a Weakness that is:

Obvious and has been noticed by the Interviewer already:
"English is not my primary language. My Spoken English is not very good."
"I have not performed well academically."

Something that is NOT extremely crucial for the role that you are applying for *
For an IT Role: "I get nervous when I am on stage. I am not very good at public speaking."
For a Sales & Marketing Role: "I have always performed poorly in Mathematics. Trigonometry and Calculus are just not my cup of tea."

A common human failing that is shared by most people
"I have not really made the most of the opportunities that life has given me."
"I have done poorly in courses where the subject matter or the Professor was boring."

Source: https://learningpundits.com/
Assistant Administrative Officer
Career Development Center(CDC), DIU