News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

20 Simple Secrets For Living a Happier Life

Started by Doha, August 07, 2020, 11:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doha

20 Simple Secrets For Living a Happier Life
-Like anything else, it takes practice to cultivate happiness.

Weall want more happiness. Those who are already happy would like to be even happier. A life filled with happiness is a worthwhile goal and readily achievable.
But happiness isn't just about the big things. There are many smaller aspects that color and shape our lives, whether by adding or subtracting.
Research studies have found that how happy we are in our relationships has a powerful influence on our health. Robert Waldinger, director of one such study and a professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, says, "Taking care of your body is important, but tending to your relationships is a form of self-care too. That, I think, is the revelation." Source
You can be happier. It's just a matter of building the right skills.
In 2006, on an evening like any other, I suddenly realized I was in danger of wasting my life. As I stared out the hazy window of a Washington D.C. bus, I saw that time was slipping by.
"What do I really want from life?" I asked myself. "I want to be truly happy." I had many reasons to be happy: my boyfriend (now husband) was the kind, blonde, handsome love of my life; I had several pets in good health; I had a good job in the city, and plenty of friends. But too often I found myself staring out that bus window, trying to remember what it was like to really enjoy lifeā€”to be excited about something, or anything. I felt lost. I couldn't sleep well. Is that how a happy person would feel?
I decided to rediscover what made me happy, outside of work, and outside of the city. In the end, I completely changed my life, moving to the country out West, changing careers, embracing my passions, and raising a tiny human.
It's been many years and a lot of changes, but I can say that I did it. I made myself happier. And along the way, I learned a lot about how to be happier.
The long-term feeling of life satisfaction is most experienced when we embrace the emotion of joy in the here and now, and we can accomplish that by taking steps each day to be happy. Below are some tips on how to be happier starting today.

To add more happiness to your life, try these strategies:
1. Realize that money is great for solving problems but does little to increase happiness.
Need a new car or truck? Want to make a career change? Money is a great solution. However, once you have enough money to meet your basic needs, happiness is found elsewhere. More money won't make you happier.
2. Sleep at least seven hours each night.
A good night's sleep is incredibly important for your health. In fact, it's just as important as healthy eating and exercising. Sleep studies have shown that every measured performance metric improves when sleep is increased to a minimum of seven hours. Do what you can to get enough sleep on a regular basis, and your brain and body will thank you.
3. Give at least one sincere compliment each day.
Focus on the positive in others. You'll feel better and receive the same consideration in return.
4. Be mindful.
Let go of regret and worry. Your life is happening right now. Appreciate experience in the moment, and stop wasting time by worrying about the future.
5. Eat a healthy breakfast.
Feel good about yourself by getting the day off on the right foot. You'll also be more likely to eat a healthy lunch.
6. Spend regular time on a hobby you love.
Work is required for most of us, while optional hobbies tend to get lost in the shuffle. Spend part of your free time on activities that you do just for fun.
7. Be grateful.
Focus on the good aspects of your life and your mood is sure to brighten. Try making a list.
8. Take a virtual tour (or visit a museum in person when it's safe to do so).
You can visit many museums and attractions without even leaving your couch. Explore The Louvre, Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, LEGOLAND Florida Resort, and even Walt Disney World. See what else is going on in the world.
9. Find the middle ground.
Happiness is rarely found at the extremes. It is the middle path that brings freedom. As Buddha wisely said, "There is a middle way between the extremes of indulgence and self-denial, free from sorrow and suffering. This is the way to peace and liberation in this very life."
10. Focus on regular, incremental improvement instead of perfection.
If being perfect is necessary to feel happy, you'll never be truly happy. Achieve lasting happiness with small, consistent improvement.
11. Try something new.
Cook something different, read a new book, or reach out to a potential new friend. Embrace all of the novel and exciting things that life has to offer. Time stops for no one.
12. Take a 10-minute break every hour or two.
Not only will you get more done each day, but you'll also have more energy at the end of the day to enjoy life.
13. Get things done.
Procrastination is the thief of happiness. Consider how much stress would be removed from your life if you got the basics done on time. Procrastination is one of life's great ironies because it involves the avoidance of doing something that we would certainly be better off doing.
14. Spend time with those you love.
Few things can make us happier than spending time with our loved ones. Do this as much as you can. Zoom, Skype, and FaceTime count!
15. Say "yes."
Some of us are too quick to say "no" to any new opportunity. Make it a point to say "yes." You never know what potential joy is about the corner.
16. Say "no."
Avoid agreeing to obligations too quickly. If your plate is already full, piling on more responsibilities and commitments will only add stress.
17. Smile.
Even if you don't feel like it, smile. You'll feel just a little happier, and possibly build a habit.
18. Pause.
Poor choices can create difficult situations. Before saying something unkind or making a large purchase, take a second and think through the best course of action for your longterm happiness.
19. Do something that you've always wanted to do.
Adopt a dog or take guitar lessons. Learn to speak Italian. The time is now.
20. Introduce yourself to someone new.
The people in your life have a significant impact on your happiness. The person you meet today may become your best friend tomorrow.

Source: Aurora Eliam, CMP