News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Career Options Roadmap-2

Started by Abdul Hye Zebon, April 05, 2020, 07:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abdul Hye Zebon

Question: "I am a commerce graduate with 44%. I have done PGDBA corespondence from Symbiosis Institute of Pune. Can I do B'ed from MDU regular?"

Answer from Ashwani Mohan:

Dear aspirants, I would like to appreciate because you came on right platform. As per your question that you are graduate with forty four percent and you have completed PGDBA. Now you want to do B.Ed from MDU in regular mode. Now I want to suggest you one thing, whenever you are going to join any field or you want to do any course, you must know everything about particular field.
Now , I want to make you aware about admission in B.Ed from any University in India. For taking admission in B.Ed in any university in India, you have to go through entrance exam. After passing entrance exam, you will be able to take admission in B.Ed.
But again I want to make you aware about one another fact that after doing B.Ed, you will get hardly any job on the basis of B.Ed and graduation in commerce because you have less marks in graduations. If you want to go for higher education M.Ed after B.Ed, you can go ahead but take care of one thing that you will have to do P.hd also.
If you do not want to go for higher education and you want to focus only 10+2 teaching after doing B.Ed, again I will suggest you that It will not be very good options for you. It will be better for you, if you hunt any job in account or HR field. If you do job in the field of account or HR, you will get experience, money and satisfaction. Along with your job, you can continue your study and you can grow in your professional life. If you passionate for teaching, go for B.Ed but do not leave your core commerce field. If you get job in teaching, enjoy. If not, go for doing job in your core field.

Answer from Dr. Anand Wadadekar, PhD :

Hello Dear BEd Aspirant,
I understand from your query posted that you are a commerce graduate and also done your PG and wish to get into the teaching field by doing BEd.
I am glad at the outset that you decided to approach CareerGuide for seeking guidance to your query.
I congratulate you for completing graduation and pgd in business administration from SCDL.
I have been an educationist for more than seven years now and have counselled many students from diverse fields of commerce / finance / law / management / engineering, etc. I am also an author and my articles have been published nation wide for more than ten years now.

After doing your commerce and pgd in business administration, how and why did you feel to take up BEd course? BEd as you know is a bachelor of education course and helps candidates and makes them eligible to teach in schools and junior colleges.
You have secured 44% in commerce and you now want to get admission to BEd course. According to my information, 44% does not stand the eligibility test for admission to BEd, the minimum percentage required id 50%.
Your PGDBA will not be considered as a post gradaute qualification since it is not offered by a University and is not a degree not an AICTE recognised PG Diploma.
My Dear Aspirant, I think you should re think on your decision to go BEd course and get into teaching sector.
For becoming a lecturer or a teacher in an average college or school, good academics in terms of good marks, percentage (preferably first class) is a must. Without this I do not think one can get a job.

I would like to propose another alternative to you:
Pursue MCom and study hard and sincerely and try and manage to get atleast 55%-65% in the master degree.
Due to MCom you will become a master degree holder and also you will get eligible to appear for BEd.
Apart from BEd, on the basis of MCom, you get eligible to appear for UGC's NET / SET examinations which are for lecturers and professors in bschools and senior colleges.
If you do MCom with good marks, you bad record of 44% in BCom can be wiped off and it will also help you change your direction to senior colleges as lectuere or professor.

Best Luck