News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

9 Business Selection Criteria

Started by H. M. Nasim, November 06, 2018, 12:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H. M. Nasim

Selection Criteria of Fabrice Grinda

1. At least a $1 billion addressable market
This criteria is inherently personal and depends on the entrepreneur's ambition, but there are good reasons to target larger markets:

• It's easier to obtain funding
  • Many Internet businesses have a certain amount of fixed costs but limited variable costs, therefore the larger the business, the higher the net margin
  • I find it more interesting to build larger companies

2. A valid business model understood from the get-go
3. Does not require more than $2 million in seed or $15 million in first round VC money
4. A business where you have a real shot at being one of the top players – at least in the region you are targeting
5. A scalable idea
6. A business with little or no risk of disintermediation and/or margin compression by suppliers and/or customers
7. A business that is in a rapidly growing market
8. An idea that I know how to execute on or can learn how to execute on
9. An idea that I like and want to do!

:) :) :)