News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

7 Highly Effective Business Success Tips for Entrepreneurs

Started by Md. Anikuzzaman, June 05, 2018, 03:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Md. Anikuzzaman

I have always had an entrepreneurial mindset. Even in my corporate years. I've always had a tough time answering to someone "above" me. I've never had a problem, in fact, I loved being a lone wolf and foraging ahead into the unknown. I love uncharted territory where I get to blaze my own trail without a dictator, someone looking over my shoulder, or breathing down my neck. Now, don't get me wrong, it is not always easy living like this. Hell, if I was comfortable living an average life I would almost prefer to be told what to do, how to do it, and when it needs to be done by. This is not the case at all...The average life is NOT for me. I have had many sleepless nights wondering if I made the right move out of corporate and into entrepreneurship. These 8 tips are what helped me stay on track, kept me confident, and made me successful.

1) Never lose your vision

This is my main point. Keep your goals written down somewhere you see them every day. Read them out loud every morning. Mine are on my bathroom mirror. As I have said in other blogs, the universe listens. Power of intention is a strong belief of mine. Having a big vision and clear goals will take you far. The reason this is my main point is because when things go wrong (and believe me, they will) having a clear goal and big vision will always help you find your way back to the path to success.

2) Determination and perseverance

You have your goal. How will you achieve it? You need to be determined and driven to persevere through the rough times. The reward of being a successful entrepreneur or the best damn sales person is HUGE, but it comes at a cost: hours upon hours of tedious work, sleepless nights, do-overs, fear, and many, many mistakes. If you can find a way to stay motivated and determined on this tough path to financial freedom, if you can stay committed to your goal, to your grand vision, and to only moving forward, then you will see your dreams become reality. Please trust me when I tell you it is totally worth it.

3) Delegate and do what you do best

You can't be all things all the time. You can't build the entire business alone. If you already excel in a certain area, embrace it. Put the skillsets your best at to good use. Tasks that you aren't strong at will be completed better and in less time if you delegate them to someone more qualified. Hire an agency or go on Upwork to hire someone who is qualified and experienced at a very low cost. They are also rated by other people who have used them. This site helped me save a ton of time. Why spend days on something that could be done in an hour?

4) Plan

It is always a smart idea to have a business and marketing plan. This will act as your blueprints to financial freedom. These so-called blue prints will guide you as you build your dream business. They will aid you in tracking your progress and will define where mistakes are being made. It doesn't have to be a complex, complicated project. This plan should be modest, realistic, attainable, and exciting! It is your silent accountability partner, instruction manual, and motivation. Be able to have flexibility, because in my experience, mistakes mean changes to the plan.

5) Leverage

I'll keep this short and sweet. Leverage your time. I use my road biking time to listen to books on audio. If you are in waiting rooms answer e-mails, traffic jam- catch up on calls, airline flights- get shit done, waiting for your kids at school-get more shit done.  Leverage to your advantage in every area of your life. This goes back to my 'Delegate' point. Leverage your time and give the difficult jobs to people that can bang it out in no time while you take care of the important things you need to do, and that you do best.

6) Don't re-create, emulate

If it aint broke, don't fix it. When you see that something is clearly working in someone else's business, go with it. Certain business models, software applications, and systems work, and they work for a reason. Don't waste time building new systems when you can cost, it will be worth it in the long run instead of the old "trial and error" method of building your own.  This will not only drive you nuts, it will waste precious hours of your day when you could be selling!

7) Do not sacrifice your health

Without your health, you literally have nothing. It is so important to take care of your diet, your physical health, and your mental health. Again, while you exercise, listen to a book that will further educate you on whatever it is you are building, whoever does the grocery shopping in your home should know what not to buy- if you work from home like I do, whatever is in the fridge is what I will grab as I do not have time to create a healthy lunch. My significant other keeps my diet clean and lean. Finally, mental health...Find a way to de-stress (back to exercise for me) but for you it could mean going for a long walk, meditating, reading a fictional book to escape all the business reading you do, or hitting a steam room and turning off your mind. Stress is a killer. It is responsible for 10% of workplace strokes and is the basic cause of 60% all human illness and disease. Take time for your family to laugh, do a fun activity, and love. Working on your sense of humor is key. Laughter is the best medicine, it strengthens your emotional and mental well-being, makes being around you a little nicer, and keeps you light hearted. The average 4-year-old laughs 300 times a day where the average 40 year old only laughs 4 times. Laughter reduces levels of stress hormones and increases health-enhancing hormones (such as endorphins, neurotransmitters, and infection-fighting antibodies) and improves blood flow to the heart. This all results in greater relaxation, resistance to disease, and a positive outlook. Plus, I bet you'll have better sleeps if you just lighten up and laugh a little. If you do not take care of all 3, you will burn out in turn failing your business.

Source:
https://kayvon.com/7-highly-effective-business-success-tips-for-entrepreneurs/