News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

12 Interview Answers that Will Not Get You the Job

Started by Badshah Mamun, June 26, 2012, 08:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badshah Mamun

12 Interview Answers that Will Not Get You the Job

Interview foibles are more common and easier to make than you imagine!

Career Experts form Middle East's No. 1 job site Bayt.com have come across more than their fair share of them from unususpecting professionals interviewing with leading employers across all industries and all career levels. Below are just a few examples of interview answers that are best avoided at all costs and are most likely to NOT get you the job.

Q1: Why did you leave your last job?

I tend to get bored and lose interest in my assigned job responsibilities very easily: that?s the main reason why I changed 3 jobs during the past 2 years. I am always on the hunt for something new, fresh and interesting! I feel my employer completely owes it to me to keep the work environment and assignments fresh and new and exciting always.

Q2: What interests you most in this position?

I am very interested in the position you have posted, predominantly and almost exclusively because of the very attractive package. I know a couple of your employees (X&Y) from my gym class and they both mentioned they really don?t mind the unmitigated monotony of their jobs since the pay is so high.

Q3: Why should we hire you?

I am the perfect fit for this position, mainly because I am willing to accept what no one else will (that is the lowest package you have to offer). I am knee deep in debts that I need to pay off. Without this job I would be in very serious trouble with the bank.

Q4: What are you mainly looking for in your next job?

As I have numerous interests outside of work which occupy a lot of my time and attention, I am mainly looking for a rather easy, undemanding job that does not require my full attention or my full energy and efforts and one that does not keep me busy at the office the entire day.

Q5: What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?

I have never kept track of my accomplishments. I have had so many over the past 10 years in every sphere of life be it educational or professional or otherwise, that matters are now mixed up in my head and I can no longer recall any specific achievement or accomplishment.

Q6: What is your biggest strength?

One of many of the strengths that I possess is my unbeaten ability to bend the truth without getting caught. I have done it before with clients and generated millions of dollars in revenues for my ex-employer.

Q7: What is your biggest weakness?

I have many weaknesses but I will only state the main one which is my tendency to forget rather quickly: I forget meetings, I forget tasks to be accomplished, I forget deadlines. Everyone recommends setting daily to-do lists but I honestly don?t believe in those. A good manager in my opinion shouldn?t and wouldn?t mind reminding his staff consistently of important deadlines and I am definitely looking for such a manager.

Q8: How would you describe your relationship with your ex co-workers?

My relationship with my co-workers was just great. We were all on the same wave: Stand United as one? and mock the big Boss!

Q9: How was your relationship with your former bosses?

It was always on the rocks. All three of them were too demanding and never seemed content with my deliverables. It is true that I might have missed deadlines, more often than not, but it was all for a very valid reason: I wanted to deliver a job perfectly accomplished...And I did, just a little too late a little too often.

Q10: How do you work under pressure?

Unlike other professionals I know, I never panic under pressure. As a matter of fact, I once fell asleep while working late one night on a very tight deadline and I only woke up the next morning. True, I did miss the deadline at the time, but the important thing is I did NOT panic under pressure!

Q11: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? time?

I will definitely be living on a deserted island somewhere, doing nothing but tanning and collecting seashells and pebbles. I definitely do not want to be working in 5 years time.

Q 12: What is the most convenient time for your referees to be contacted?

Are you seriously considering getting in touch with them? Just so you know, the first one was deported from the country a year ago due to some illegal work he was doing on the side, and the other one?s grandmother passed away 6 months back and she has been going through a severe case of grief since then so I am not at all sure she is taking calls just yet!!

Source: http://www.bayt.com/en/career-article-5401/
Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Member, Skill Jobs
operation@skill.jobs
www.skill.jobs