News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

I’m missing out on promotion because I was too honest. What should I do?

Started by Monirul Islam, May 19, 2018, 11:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monirul Islam

Have you got a work-related problem? In this series we invite you to send in a short description of your predicament – so that other readers can offer solutions

For several months I have been working for a new boss who has nothing but good things to say about my achievements and who promised to put me forward for a promotion, but now states my relationship with a colleague will prevent this going ahead. The relationship problem seems to stem from my honest and professional feedback that the boss had requested about said colleague. I feel I am being held back for being honest. My colleague had on several occasions claimed the credit for ideas I had passed them and I had called them out on this, with email proof. What can I do to solve this issue? I feel I am being held back due to the unprofessional actions of this colleague.

• When leaving a message on this page, please be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of a real-life dilemma, who wrote to Working It Out asking for help, and may well view your comments here.

• If you have a problem at work, this is your chance to get some advice. Email your dilemma to Working.It.Out@theguardian.com (up to 150 words, please; no attachments), or set it out below. Every fortnight we'll ask readers to advise on one of them. We'll also print some of the best suggestions in G2 every other Wednesday. And don't worry about your boss: we won't use your name.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/apr/17/held-back-from-promotion-too-honest