News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Five ways to reinvent a stagnant career

Started by Badshah Mamun, June 24, 2012, 08:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badshah Mamun

Five ways to reinvent a stagnant career

Your once-thriving career has hit a roadblock. Well, you?re not alone. But with the right moves, it can be overcome. Sreeradha D Basu suggests how.

1) Look Within:
Any reinvention requires reflection. ?The fact that your career is stagnant means you?re not doing all that you can do or could have done,? says Ronesh Puri, MD of Executive Access.

2) Create New Flows:
It?s important to create new inflows and outflows, says Milind Sarwate, group CFO & CHRO, Marico. Inflows are capabilities that could be leveraged by the organisation. Outflows are roles that should no longer be played.

3) Learn to Unlearn:
?Many times, the changing environment makes our old strengths irrelevant. However, we keep playing to them. This drains energy, while not creating value for the individual or the organisation,? says Sarwate.

4) Analyses Competition:
It?s important to know what others are doing right. And judge where you may be going wrong. ?There was a time when my career was completely stagnant. I studied the performers, played to my strengths, did things differently. It took time but I was back in the game,? says banking executive S Lahiri.

5) Get a Mentor
: Identify someone experienced and reliable outside the organisation who you can trust. ?It should be someone who can help you focus, discipline you and show you the way,? says Puri of Executive Access.

Source: http://blog.timesjobs.com/2012/03/five-ways-to-reinvent-a-stagnant-career/
Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Member, Skill Jobs
operation@skill.jobs
www.skill.jobs