News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Become a Visual Detective

Started by nadimpr, April 27, 2017, 02:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nadimpr

The mark of a true artist lies in their ability to make something out of nothing. This, of course, isn't always possible when we first begin our creative endeavors. Over time however, one can learn to develop and strengthen their photographic eye. Largely considered one of the most influential photographers of the last century, Henri Cartier-Bresson said "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." Unfortunately some photographers give up too soon, frustrated by results that don't meet their expectations. Allow me to let you in on a little known truth: overnight success is a myth. Most anyone who has accomplished something worthwhile first paid their dues with splendid effort and persistence.

By allowing your inquisitive mind to guide the composition, you are reconnecting with your sense of wonder. I can remember summer days as a child in the woods of Pennsylvania, turning over countless stones to uncover salamanders. I studied each one, marveling at their unique spots and fantastic color variations. We all operated in a similar fashion at one point, only to adopt a hurried approach later on. After training thousands of photographers, I've learned that it's never too late to renew your vision. If you're looking to make a big impact in your work right now, this is your chance. While a photographer merely looks for pictures, the visual detective works to reveal truth through their lens.

Source:https://www.nyip.edu/photo-articles/archive/become-a-visual-detecticve