News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Organize and Archive with Lightroom

Started by nadimpr, April 26, 2017, 11:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nadimpr

Source:It's not uncommon for photographers to have tens of thousands of images weighing down their catalog. If you're not careful, this can quickly unravel into an unmanageable disaster. I find the words of the French novelist Gustave Flaubert fitting for our craft. He said, "Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be...original in your work." For photographers, Adobe Lightroom can be this organizational backbone, storing everything neatly in labeled folders with searchable keywords. In addition to its filing capability, the software is quite capable of nearly any post production techniques.

In order to backup all important business data, you'll want a redundant system of external hard drives. Not only will these protect your files in case of catastrophic computer failure, but the offer an extension on your hard drive storage space. These drives are quite reasonably priced and typically plug directly into the extra USB ports on the computer. They would be compatible with a desktop and laptop to protect all of your important files. These drives are small, lightweight, and portable should you need extra storage when traveling. The specific model I recommend is the Western Digital "My Passport" with two terabytes of storage space at just $119.

Source;https://www.nyip.edu/photo-articles/archive/organize-and-archive-with-lightroom