News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Always Be Ready!

Started by nadimpr, April 25, 2017, 08:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nadimpr

On a recent trip to Iceland, I had a full day of white knuckle driving on ice packed roads. When the snow and wind would let up for a bit, I would stop and do some shooting. Upon finally reaching my destination for the night, I only wanted to have dinner and go to bed. After eating, I noticed a faint glow starting in the sky.

It was the beginning of the Aurora Borealis. Though I had been exhausted, I had completed my post-shooting routine before going to dinner. My camera gear was ready to go. I grabbed my gear and was back on the road in a matter of minutes (headed to a nearby glacier lagoon). Having already prepped my gear out of habit, I was able to enjoy one of the most enjoyable nights of photography in my life.

Whenever I finish a shoot and return home, or to my hotel, I immediately start prepping my gear for the next shoot. I don't first have a meal, relax for a while, or set off on other tasks. It only takes a matter of minutes to start downloading your photos, charging whatever batteries you have used, visually inspecting/cleaning your gear, and putting your "go to" lens back on your camera body (if you last used a more specialized lens).

Once photos are downloading and batteries are charging, you can relax and eat. The goal is to have your gear back in a bag, fully ready to use, as soon as reasonably possible. Once you get into a routine of prepping your gear, you never have to worry that your equipment is not ready for a special moment when you are.

Source; https://www.nyip.edu/photo-articles/archive/always-be-ready