News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Documentary Photography – Six Tips for Creating a Legacy

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 21, 2017, 10:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Documentary Photography – Six Tips for Creating a Legacy

We've all gone through times in our lives where we've lost loved ones. As a portrait photographer I would get calls all the time for "Urgent" family photos where one family member was terminally ill, and yet others that have photos done after the loss of a loved one.

As photographers (and before you argue that you aren't a "professional" or you aren't a photographer, I'm here to tell you that you are! If you take photographs you are a photographer, and this applies to you!) it is almost our duty to record the lives and times of those closest to us, family and friends. I'm not just talking about birthday parties and weddings, which are both important, but how about everyday life?

Last fall/winter my husband and I lost our two cats who were 18 and 19. He had them for 18 years, they lived with me for five. It hit me hard and I wrote this: "Do What's Important Photograph Your Loved Ones".  I vowed to go and photograph my grandmother who is now 92. I finally did that and I have some tips for you on how to go and photograph, and document the lives of your loves ones both young and old.

So this article comes with both tips AND a challenge, for you to go do the same.

1. Documentary means as it happens naturally, in their environment.
    2. Capture the person's essence, their real personality
    3. Remember to capture the details and scene setters
    4. Think big picture, take shots for the background of a collage or potential photobook or album
    5. Not every photo needs to show their face. Facing away from camera, hands and body are important too.
    6. Create a story with images, leave a legacy

Source:https://digital-photography-school.com/documentary-photography-six-tips-for-creating-a-legacy/
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd