News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Communicating with candidates using the Recruiter mobile app

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 11:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Communicating with candidates using the Recruiter mobile app

So far we've been searching for candidates and managing projects on the LinkedIn Recruiter website, but there's also a LinkedIn Recruiter mobile app for iOS and Android. While the app does not have the same tools for searching and project organization, it does give you the ability to stay current on your Recruiter messages when you're not at your computer. So I'm going to launch the Recruiter mobile app here on my iPhone. At the bottom of the screen you'll see buttons for four sections. On Android these buttons will be at the top of the screen and there will only be three, not four.

On Android you'll see Messages, Updates, and Projects. On either platform it will probably open up to the Updates screen the first time you launch the app. The Updates screen is similar to the Recruiter home page on the web. You see updates here about candidates that you're tracking, or new messages that you might receive. There's a search field up here at the top of the screen and you can use this to do a candidate search, but you don't have access to the same filters that you have on the website. So this is only really good for quick, basic searches.

But you do have access to your Search History, and your Saved Searches here, but since the filters work differently on the mobile app your search results will vary. Still you can perform a search. I'll just do one of my Saved Searches here. Now once you find somebody you're interested in when you do a search, of course you can tap on them to view their profile. From here you can add a note by tapping on the notes button, I'm going to Cancel that. You can add a person to one of your existing projects. Now I'm not able to create a new project here on the mobile app, but I can add this person to an existing project.

And actually we can see that he's already in my Graphics lead project, so I'm not going to change this, I'll hit Done. And most importantly, you can send InMail messages. So I'm going to tap on the messages button here, confirm that I want to send an InMail, and I've got a lot of the same tools that I have on the website. I can type in a Subject, I can type in the body of my message, Notice that it does not have the signature field here, so you may need to type that in manually. I can see that it tells me how many InMail credits I currently have, and what's really nice is I can Choose a template.

So if I've saved any templates using LinkedIn Recruiter on the website those saved templates will be here. Now I only have one saved template currently, but I can select it and it fills that text into this message. Now I'm not going to actually send this message, so I'm just going to hit Cancel here. But it's nice to see that I can do a search and I can send InMail messages to potential candidates right here from the mobile app. Now I want to back up to the main screen, so I'm going to hit the back button up in the top left until I back all the way out.

Now if you tap on the Projects button you can see the Projects that you created and you can open any of these Projects and view the candidates that you've saved in those Projects. And of course, I can tap on any of these people here to view their profile. Now you'll probably use the mobile app mostly to send and receive messages. So of course I could send a message right here, but we've seen how to do that, so let me back up. And back on the front page if I go over to the Messages section I can monitor messages that I've received.

So here I see the contents of my inbox and I can tap on any of these messages and of course, read the response that I received from this person. I can reply to this message of course. I'm just going to Cancel that. Or if I'm finished with this message I could Archive it. But I don't want to do that now, so I'll just hit No, and take a step back. Of course, if I receive a new message it will be marked as unread. Like this message here from Sarah Greer. I also have a badge on the Messages button at the bottom of the screen telling me that I have an unread message.

Also the first time you launch the Recruiter app it asks for permission to show you push notifications. If you allow notifications you'll see a notification on your device when you receive a new message in LinkedIn Recruiter. So if any of your candidate messages are time sensitive the Recruiter mobile app is a good way to make sure that you don't miss a message when you're away from your computer. The Recruiter mobile app does not give you all of the features of the website, but it does give you the freedom to stay up to date with your communications without feeling like you need to stay locked to your desk.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-linkedin-recruiter/communicating-with-candidates-using-the-recruiter-mobile-app