News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to directly market candidates?

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 10:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

How to directly market candidates

Have you ever interviewed a Rock Star tech candidate, only to be totally frustrated by the fact that you don't have a current opening that matches their credentials? This scenario happens to all of us. But when you interview a qualified tech candidate, you owe it to yourself and your hiring authorities, to proactively present their credentials. I don't know many IT Managers, that doesn't have somebody on their team they'd like to upgrade, and if you really have identified somebody in that hard-to-find tech category, often a hiring authority will create a job around the person, just not to lose them.

Now there are benefits to marketing candidates directly to hiring authorities. Number one, it helps you as a technology recruiter, identify the most talented people. You learn, that when someone walks in the door, or you have a conversation with somebody that, wait a minute, if I don't place this person, someone else is going to, so I better proactively market them. Number two, it forces you to obtain additional information.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/technical-recruiting/how-to-directly-market-candidates