News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

What attracts top tech talent and how to become the recruiter of choice

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 10:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

What attracts top tech talent and how to become the recruiter of choice

I really began to enjoy my career as a technical recruiter when over 50% of the candidates I represented were the result of referrals. It was well worth the effort I had put in prior to that to end up having 50% of my candidates come from referrals. Your community, whether local or online, is your secret weapon to attract tech talent. You've got to leverage your community through hack-a-thons, attending conferences, or hosting networking events, and there's some top sourcing activities that you must become proficient at.

Number one is experienced people from competitors. You have got to know how to get out there and position yourself to recruit the exact people that your hiring authorities want to hire, and often they want to hire somebody from direct competitors. Number two, you've got to learn to leverage networking tools like LinkedIn. Number three, you want to solicit referrals, and again, there is nothing better than having people track you down because of your reputation. Number four, develop a strong touch program.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/technical-recruiting/what-attracts-top-tech-talent-and-how-to-become-the-recruiter-of-choice