News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to help millennials manage their failure

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 10:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

How to help millennials manage their failure

Failure is part of life. Rebounding from failure is part of success, but for millennials failure can be absolutely devastating because they're not used to failing. Let me give you some context. People call the millennials the special snowflake generation for a reason. They're the kids who got participation trophies even when they came in last. They've also been called the most over parented generation in history. Every year their parents sat them down and talked about how can I help you get straight A's? Do you need a coach? What can I do for you? Their school set the bar very high for them, they were expected to be top performers, a B was fatal, they had SAT coaches, their parents talked to their sports coaches about how they should get more play time, but now they have you.

You're not their parent, you're their boss and so overnight these millennials went from a situation where everyone was cheering them on and focused on their success to now they're having to do things they've never done before and they have to do it without a private coach.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/hire-retain-and-grow-top-millennial-talent/how-to-help-millennials-manage-their-failure