News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Effective communication throughout the interviewing process

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 12:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Effective communication throughout the interviewing process

I want you to think back to the last time you had a first date. You may have stayed up all night worrying about the date, you're wondering what you're going to wear. You feel very vulnerable, you don't know this person. And on a first date, what you're trying to do is get to know each other, but you're very uncomfortable and there certainly was a not a high level of trust or rapport. And obviously the conversations remain somewhat superficial because you might want a second date with this person and you don't want to say anything that is going to put them in a position to judge you. What I've just described could also describe your first interview with the candidates.

This candidate doesn't know you in a first interview, obviously they don't trust you, and therefore their answers are guarded. For all you know, they may have had a negative experience with a recruiter in the past. So again, they're guarded. I've had recruiters accused candidates of lying in their initial interview, but what I think they're doing is.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/interviewing-a-job-candidate-for-recruiters/effective-communication-throughout-the-interviewing-process