News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to writing the review

Started by arif, April 19, 2017, 11:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Writing the review

You've gathered all of the information you need, and now it's time to put pen to paper. It's time to write the employee review for each one of your team members. Start by looking at the calendar and getting honest. With no less than one week to go, sit down and start writing. Be sure to plan for about two hours of work per direct report. To begin, let me give you a useful strategy for writing each review. Most people want to start by filling in all of the quantitative ratings that need to be provided. Don't do that. Instead, I want you to look at each section of the review individually and start by writing the narrative statements that you're allowed or required to add.

I'm referring to the spaces for personal commentary that most evaluations allow for. Starting with each section's narrative is smart for two reasons. First, this type of writing asks you to act on your overall or summary feeling about the employee. It's about intuition and what your gut says. Second, forcing yourself to think about the person.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/performance-review-foundations/writing-the-review