News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Human Resources: Pay Strategy

Started by arif, April 19, 2017, 09:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Human Resources: Pay Strategy

- Pay systems are a very important part of every organization. They're not only a major cost, they determine the performance of an organization. Still, many organizations and managers don't do a very good job of pay administration. This isn't because of a lack of research knowledge; it's because of a lack of education, and applying what we know, works. My name is Ed Lawler, and I've been writing, consulting, researching, and teaching about compensation and organizational effectiveness for over 50 years. In this course I'm going to share with you the fundamentals of pay strategy.

I'll talk about how to use pay to attract and retain talent, how pay can motivate performance. We'll also look at how pay effects an organization's structure and culture, as well as how to determine pay for individuals. Finally, I'll share an overview of what goes into designing a pay system. Administering pay is challenging, but with the tools and skills you'll learn in this course you'll be well on your way to understanding how to use pay to help your organization be more successful.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/human-resources-pay-strategy