News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Following up on candidates

Started by arif, April 19, 2017, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Following up on candidates

I know what you're going to say. You can't possibly expect me to follow up with the hundreds of candidates who apply to jobs for all the open positions that I manage. It's unrealistic to expect me to respond to every person who emails me an inquiry or expects a status update. I'm right there with you. I've lived it, I could spend hours simply listening to the voicemail messages I had received that day, and some companies do have an unrealistic expectation that you will follow up with ever person who contacts you, but that doesn't let you off the hook. You have an obligation to respond to the people who have taken the time to fill out your ridiculously long job application, stand in line to speak with you at a job fair, or prepare for and then show up to a job interview.

And if you can't provide a real status update to those candidates, it means your process is broken and you should fix it. If you have far too many unqualified undesirable candidates in your pipeline, your expectations may be too high, or your requirements may be too low.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/human-resources-diversity-recruiting/following-up-on-candidates