News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

What is On boarding?

Started by arif, April 19, 2017, 09:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Onboarding

Do you know the difference between orientation and onboarding? To highlight the answer, let me tell you a quick story. A woman, who had attended one of my training classes, told me a story about how, on her first day of work, she spent some time in the conference room reviewing the corporate policy handbook and some marketing materials and then she was given a tour and introduced around the office. That was her orientation and that was fine. What happened next was not so good. She was taken to her new office which was being used for storage and needed to be cleaned out. She spent the next few days removing boxes and old furniture and then setting up her desk and office space.

Needless to say, she felt far from welcomed and the company really missed the mark on her onboarding. Orientation is a one-time event that introduces a new employee to their job and company. Onboarding is an ongoing process focused on integrating new employees into the company. And it should last up to six months or even a year. After devoting time and resources to bringing on new talent.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/strategic-human-resources/onboarding