News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Overview of compliance

Started by arif, April 19, 2017, 07:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Overview of compliance

There's a variety of laws that really impact you on a regular basis as an HR professional. They are in place to ensure employees are treated fairly and with dignity at work. Before we get started, it's important for me to state that I am not and attorney and therefore I am not providing legal advice. This video is for informational purposes only and is meant to give you basic information about five laws you should be aware of if you're going to serve in the HR function. It is your responsibility to learn and understand all federal and state laws related to human resources and to implement the appropriate processes to ensure your organization is in compliance of those laws Always, always consult an employment law attorney if you are unsure about something.

The first law I want to cover is the Family Medical Leave Act or FMLA. FMLA requires employers with 50 or more employees to provide eligible employees up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave. Employees will need FMLA leave for instance when they have a child or adopt a child.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/administrative-human-resources/overview-of-compliance