News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

What's new in March 2017

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 19, 2017, 06:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

What's new in March 2017

You might notice that there've been some changes to the way that Facebook Pages looks. Facebook is always in the process of evolving their products and it's exciting to see new features and changes come to Pages. These exciting new features in the layout doesn't change the content within this course. You will still learn everything you need to know about how to use Facebook to effectively market your business. But let's go over some of these new Page features. So here you can see that Facebook really changed the way that you can post to your page. They now have more fancier icons and some more options.

So you can still share a photo or video like you would. And, now, they have a link directly to advertise your business, create an offer, help people find your business, create an event and, then, get phone calls. So let me select that to take a look. So that'll create a post letting people know that you take phone calls and, then when they click on the post, it'll automatically dial your business. You can still get bookings, you can get messages and write a note. And then I want to point out the Facebook live.

So start a live video. This is how you're going to start and create a Facebook live stream on your page. Once you say something about your live video, you select next and it'll automatically begin to record and you can broadcast live from your page. So now that we've seen the different way that you can post to your page, let's scroll down a little bit more and see how Facebook has rearranged your newsfeed. So, underneath posts here, I can see that reviews is showing and then now they've broken out this large videos box and photos box.

So this is a little bit different. Now, if I want to change the content that shows up, I can choose to display my most popular content or my most recent content. And, then here, the rest of my posts begin. Now, say I want to change the order of these boxes and maybe this is something that you do want to consider. Let me show you how to do that. So I'm going to select settings at the top of my page and edit page. It's here that I configure actions and tabs for my page.

Right now, I have the standard template chosen. So I can choose a template that has the default buttons and options and tabs designed to help my page. If I select edit, here I get a view of the different templates I might be able to use. So, if I had a shopping page, maybe I would choose the shopping template. There's a business one, venues, politicians, services and restaurants and cafes. Now, say I don't like any of the templates, and I want to customize it myself, I can do that as well.

So I can turn the default tabs on or off. And, then, I can click and drag the order. So say I want my about me tab to show up first, I would simply click it and drag it up. I can also set specific settings. So here I can get the URL to share my home tab, as well as my about tab. So I can always get links to share my tabs on my Facebook page.

If I click settings for reviews, this is where I can choose whether to turn it on or off. So say I didn't want reviews anymore, I could turn it off and hit save. And, then, there's the videos tab. So it's really offering you more options to share and engage with the information on your Facebook page. Now, I also have the option of adding a tab. So I can add the events, notes, offers, services and shop. So this is where you can customize your tabs. So say I wanted to add events, I would select add, I would close out of there and then I would take another look at the order and make sure that the order of the tabs makes sense for my page.

Now, I'm going to go back and take a look at that. Now, if I scroll down I'll just double-check that the layout that I created works for me. If I scroll back up, another thing that you might notice here, are the Page Tips. And this is a really important component to help you keep your page running smoothly and effectively. So don't be afraid to check out these tips. So, again, the changes to the Pages layout is really exciting and Facebook is always looking to improve that customer and business experience.

So, again, take another look at the layout, get familiar with it and, then, feel free to proceed with the course. Everything will be really helpful in you marketing your business on Facebook.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/facebook-for-business/what-s-new-in-march-2017
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd