News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Understanding the difference between loyalty and inertia as an Entrepreneur

Started by arif, April 19, 2017, 05:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Understanding the difference between loyalty and inertia

Many long-time membership organizations brag about their loyalty. They tell me how their members have been around for 20 years on average, or how no one ever cancels. But for me, this kind of loyalty is suspicious. How can you tell the difference between loyalty and inertia? First of all, ask them. Surveys, even really simple ones like the Net Promoter System, can provide a good indicator of member satisfaction and can serve as a canary in the coal mine, signaling dissatisfaction.

Even better, track engagement. If they aren't using what they're paying for, they're less likely to see value in their spend. The exception is if your product is an insurance type of benefit, which is a different story, and in those cases, you still need to figure out ways to remind people of the value they're getting, even before they need to file a claim. 'Cause if they don't see value, eventually they're going to cancel. Sometimes, that takes a while because people are busy, and sometimes that monthly or annual fee isn't big enough to get the subscriber to pay attention.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/creating-a-membership-based-business/understanding-the-difference-between-loyalty-and-inertia