News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Introduction- Writing Recommendations

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 19, 2017, 01:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Introduction- Writing Recommendations

I'll show you how to write effective recommendation letters. A former co-worker, a current subordinate or a close friend has just asked you to write a Letter of Recommendation. You should feel honored, and in one sense do, because, generally, we ask only those people, whose opinions we value and those who we think will give us a positive recommendation, to write one for us. However, you may also feel some trepidation. What are the legal implications, for example, if I say something that doesn't prove to be true? Am I at risk? What if I worked with a person two years ago and have no recent knowledge? Or someone who is a friend but I've never worked with her? Those are legitimate concerns, however, you will be asked by those who are deserving.

You will be knowledgeable about those with whom you've recently worked, so in those situations, you should agree to write that positive, deserving recommendation letter. Once you've agreed, that person expects you to and you have a responsibility to take seriously writing that letter. On the other hand, you may be the one requesting the recommendation letter. How you ask for one is equally important. So let's analyze how to plan and write a recommendation letter and how to request one. Let's get started with Writing Recommendation Letters.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/writing-recommendations/introduction
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd