News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Q. What should a good follow-up email to an interviewer include?

Started by arif, April 18, 2017, 11:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Q. What should a good follow-up email to an interviewer include?

A. Assuming you've already thanked the interviewer via email, you can follow up by saying, "Dear XYZ, I hope this email finds you well. Just wanted to follow up with you regarding next steps. I enjoyed meeting with you last week and look forward to learning more about the position."

The goal is three-fold: To stay top of mind, to find out about next steps and then to show continued interest in the position.

It's always a good idea during the interview to tell the recruiter or hiring manager you plan on following up. In fact, I used to encourage my candidates to reach out to me if they hadn't heard back. If I didn't reach out to them, it wasn't because I wasn't interested in offering them the job—it was because I was juggling close to 150 candidates. Following up every 10 days to two weeks is a good rule of thumb.

Source: https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/follow-up-email-job-interview-ask-Vicki-quora-0816